Driving through Wyoming to Yellowstone

GOutes

Hey guys,
Leaving for our Elk hunt next Sunday and driving from Washington to Wind River range in a week. Any recommends on where to stay near yellowstone, 3/4 of the way through the drive?

We were going to go through Idaho and Utah, but thought Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming would be much more of a scenic drive.

I'd call ahead of time, but any thing in Silver City, Montana I think is a great area just out side of Yellowstone around 12,000'. Last time I was there we had a little campfire going out side the cabin watching billy goats feed across the hills about 800 feet above us.

and of course there is tons of stuff to do in cody but that takes a week to do everything. cooke city is right by the park line. you can drive a couple more miles to silver gate and glass for goats.. in cooke city there is a couple places to eat and plenty of places to gamble if you enjoy keno...

Yea sorry I had the two town names mixed up it cooke city and silver gate. There only 8 to 10 miles apart and
IMO have great views.

Trevor

>Cody is nice.

+1 above and check out the Bufflo Bill Cody Firearms Museum. It's a must see! Buy a Duck stamp support the ducks and use it to gain entry to yellowstone park. Duck stamps are good at all national parks for entry free access (per person).

Gene

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom