Driven

mntman

Long Time Member
I watched the hunting show "Driven" yesterday. What a disgrace! They were in Canada somewhere (I missed the first part) hunting caribou. They couldn't find any caribou so they got in a helicopter and showed them flying around spotting them. Then to make it easy they landed in front of the caribou and then put on a "long, hard stalk" to get their tags filled. They shot 3 bulls this way, what a crock of $$*#. The outfitter was tutilik (spelling????)
I can't believe they would actually show them doing this on tv.

Then they had a very difficult packout also, they had to walk up to their bulls and then hook a rope on to them for the helicopter to haul them back to camp.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I watched the hunting show "Driven" yesterday. What a disgrace! They were in Canada somewhere (I missed the first part) hunting caribou. They couldn't find any caribou so they got in a helicopter and showed them flying around spotting them. Then to make it easy they landed in front of the caribou and then put on a "long, hard stalk" to get their tags filled. They shot 3 bulls this way, what a crock of $$*#. The outfitter was tutilik (spelling????)
I can't believe they would actually show them doing this on tv.

Then they had a very difficult packout also, they had to walk up to their bulls and then hook a rope on to them for the helicopter to haul them back to camp.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-11 AT 01:20PM (MST)[p]Not exactly my idea of fair chase, but, I guess it must be legal up there. I think most states have a time limit of sorts from using an airplane to actually being out in the field.

I remember several years ago, one of our pilots at Fallon had a sheep tag. He flew with us a few times on training missions, saw his sheep, then had to wait X days before boots on the ground.

During my last month on active duty, I remember seeing lots of huge mule deer right outside a local town and about 100 yards off the highway and completely hidden from traffic. Always in the same spot at the same time of day.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-11 AT 01:20PM (MST)[p]Not exactly my idea of fair chase, but, I guess it must be legal up there. I think most states have a time limit of sorts from using an airplane to actually being out in the field.

I remember several years ago, one of our pilots at Fallon had a sheep tag. He flew with us a few times on training missions, saw his sheep, then had to wait X days before boots on the ground.

During my last month on active duty, I remember seeing lots of huge mule deer right outside a local town and about 100 yards off the highway and completely hidden from traffic. Always in the same spot at the same time of day.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-11 AT 01:23PM (MST)[p]Caribou in Canadia Land are like 400 class bulls in Utah, they are everywhere!!! I wouldn't worry about it. LOL

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-11 AT 01:23PM (MST)[p]Caribou in Canadia Land are like 400 class bulls in Utah, they are everywhere!!! I wouldn't worry about it. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom