Drew Wyoming Moose!

P

Prism

After 8 years of applying I drew a moose tag in area 21 of Wyoming. I figured if I was ever going to hunt moose in Wyoming that sooner was better than later-with wolves, price increases, etc.....

I'm going to be hunting with Bob Barlow out of Star Valley. It seems like they're among the best moose outfitters in the state and I look forward to seeing their operation first hand. All of the research I did on moose up there kept pointing me in their direction

I'll keep you guys posted on how the scouting season and hunt goes.

I've been on several moose hunts in Utah and they are a lot of work. I can only imagine what it takes when you shoot one miles back in a wilderness area..... It'll be a neat hunt to film.

Zigga,

Still working out the details on dates. I'd like to kill it with my bow, but more than likely it will be the old 300RUM.

The hunt starts on Sept. 10 and runs clear to the end of October. I'm glad it's a long season so I can fit it in with everything else..... So far the draws are treating us very well this year!

Congratulations Paul !!!

Will you put the footage of your moose hunt on Volume 4 or 5?

We hope you have a great trip !

Good Luck Prism. I got a WY moose tag too (17), and was also debating on the weapon. If I draw the H deer tag too, I'll take my pre 64 M70 .338 Win mag. If I just have the moose tag, it is going to be my 1886 Winchester 45/70. I'll probabally get the H deer tag too, as I sent the extra $$$. The extra $$$ for the deer tag is not that bad, considering I'll be there anyway so gas for the deer is free.

You got it all figured out Elmer?? I've taken 2 moose out of 17 in the last 15 yrs. and can help ya out if needed. Be ready for lots of griz and wolves.

Paul-

Congrats!! Way to go man. You will have to some serious fun up there.

Elmer- I would plan on hunting H if you paid the special price. Looking like great odds for that this year.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

I would not trust that guy as far as I could throw him. Sorry just my 2 cents.

Archer

Prism, All you need to do is go to Bob's website and you'll be pretty impressed with his track record for producing nice Wyo moose. I don't personally know him but he appears to have a great moose hunting operation. Lots of fresh horses to cover lots of country...which is critical in the unit you drew! He lives close and spends quite a bit of time in that unit so you ought to do fine.

Appreciate the offer Squirrel. Got to go now for a few days, I'll get in touch later. Have not got it all put together yet, but have some good starting info and contacts, more than I usually have this far away from a hunt.

If everything goes as planned this hunt should be in Vol. 5 or maybe Vol. 6.

Volume 3 and 4 will both be out this year. I'm really trying to get Vol. 3 done by the first of June for Antlerfest, but I'm not sure we're going to make it.

I'm also in for region H deer as a second choice (special). I've talked to a TON of people that put it as a second choice this year so I have my doubts about drawing it. Everyone is looking to hunt and still earn a point.....

I'm going to have to make it up there fishing a time or two this summer to look around. I've only looked at that country from the pavement.

Prism, congrats. You are going to enjoy your time with Barlow, he is an awesome guide and loves to find big moosies.

Nice to know SOME PEOPLE on this board actually draw tags.

Me not being one of them, I'll just live vicariously through the rest of you!

Prism,
I put H down as a first choice, as I got my first choice tag for deer last year, and have no point. Looks like everyone got H as a frist choice in that pool last year, so I think I'll get a tag withthe special price.

Squirrel,
sent you an e-mail, is the one you used to register current?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom