Drew Mountain Goat Again

BCBOY

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-07 AT 08:41AM (MST)[p]The BC draw results were posted up yesterday. I was able to get yet another mountain goat tag. I think this is my 7th tag in the last 13 years. I've yet to kill a goat though. That is the problem with putting in for low odds hunts eh? My buddy got a goat draw for the same unit and a moose tag for the area as well. Should be a fun hunt. Hoping we'll get a swamp donkey down and then do a double header on a couple of big billys. I've done a ton of forestry work in the unit and I think I've got the goats figured out.
My son drew a mule deer antlerless tag for the unit I live in. We should be able to get him a doe within 5 mins of the house. This is his first time putting in for Limited Entry. We are both excited about it.

BCBOY!!!

BRING THE PERMIT ON DOWN & WE'LL FILL IT!!!

THEN I'LL LET YOU SEE IF THEY ARE ENFORCING THE LACY ACT ON THE WAY BACK TO BC!!!

JUST KIDDIN!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

THE ONLY bobcat THINKING 7 PERMITS IN 13 YEARS,WTF???

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-07 AT 12:39PM (MST)[p]Bessy,
7 tags in 13 years ain't very hard when the odds are 2:1, 1.5:1, 1:1 or even 0.5:1. ;)
My brother had the draw for the same unit last year. Here's some pics from our first trip. The billy had given us the slip and went out the back door. He'll be one of my targets this year. He's a good billy. My brother did end up tagging a goat on the second trip. It would have made Book if it didn't tumble so far and break it's horns. My brother isn't one for packin a camera, so there I have no pics of that monster.
Sept3019.jpg

Sept3005.jpg

Sept3006.jpg

Sept3016.jpg

Sept3017.jpg

Best of luck tracking down that white beast this year, Steve!
When are you planning on going? Oct?
The last couple of years we've had goat draws and planned on going Nov. long weekend. Problem is there's too many "distractions" that time of year and we have yet to go. Gear has even been packed but the forecast was for crappy weather so we stayed home and my buddy whacked that huge whitey.

One day soon.................

SSS

Congrats on yours and your sons tags. I sure hope you can get your billie this year , lucky 13 BABY ! I bet your boy is pumped up about hunting , sounds like your headed into a great fall hunt season, can't wait to see the pics...Again congrats and tell your boy congrats from NM....Larry

Congrats on the draw! I love hunting those big white fluff balls, unfortunately I didnt get my 3:1 odds draw for goat this year. I guess I'll have to go for the elusive Bighorn!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-07 AT 06:49PM (MST)[p]SSS,
The goat tags in Region 3 open Sept 1 and close Oct 31. My schedule is already quite busy. Mid August we'll be heading up to Region 7A for the Ptarmigin and fall bears. Then we'll be hitting the highcountry Sept 1 Long Weekend to see if Cody can hammer a big alpine buck during the Region 3 Jr. Season. Then the next couple of weekends we'll be hitting Region 7A for the Jr any deer season. We'll try to see if we can get Cody on a whitey doe or buck or a muley buck or doe. Then we'll give it a go for our goats the last week of Sept. The first week of Oct we'll be looking for a big ol' swamp donkey and goats. Then we'll be spending the rest of Oct trying to find a buck for Cody in Region 3 if he hasn't tagged one yet. Come Nov we'll give the doe draw a go if he hasn't killed his 3 deer limit yet. Also we'll be giving my brother a hand on his Nov Bull Moose draw. Come mid-Nov through till the 10th of Dec, the focus will be only Monster Muleys. Although a lion track might change our focus for a bit since they have now changed the opening date to Sept 10 :) And on top of all that, I'm stoked that they have changed the wolf season to begin Aug 1 and we now have no bag limit. I'll definately be packing the little 30-30 while scouting the highcountry in Aug. I've seen wolves many a time up high, and now I can have some summer fun. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom