drew a wyoming area 22 moose

F

fuzzy

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the area, they may be willing to part with some knowledge. I have hunted it a couple of times with friends mostly jack and jenny creek drainages. Have found a few decent bulls but seems to get allot of pressure. I am looking for country that may be kind of off the beaten path that could hold a real good moose. If anybody might have a good direction to send me, It would be most appreciated.

fuzzy,

I hunted the area in 2001 (passed up some real nice bulls during the archery hunt and killed a dink with a rifle). Send me an e-mail with your contact info. I have topo maps and other info to share. Maybe ruttinbull will help, too, as he hunted the unit in 2003. Not sure if that area is seeing much pressure from the wolves.

I also drew the area 22 moose. I have hunted that area for numerous years. Are you from Wyoming?

Yeah I am from wyoming, south eastern end of the state so it is a 350 mile trip to do any scouting.

I am from the SW part of state. We took some bear bait up that way last weekend. Saw a few moose and deer. Keeping nice and wet up there as well. Hope for some good growth!

Amen to the good growth, and best of luck to you in your bear baiting and moose whacking this fall.

I hunted the area a few years back. My problem was that I had a very limited amount of time. In a nutshell I killed a very small bull on the first day and probably wouldnt change a thing (other than wishing for more time). We had a respectable bull walk through camp on the night before season but he was nowhere to be found when it counted. THe area is small but the critters do exist.
I went back this last year to hunt deer and saw more moose critters than when I had the tag... bummer for me. However, NONE OF the critters I encountered were trophys. I really dont think that this is a trophy unit and the stats bear this out. In a nutshell, smaller bulls are somewhat easy to find but the larger ones are there but can be elusive. That is hunting.
Ruttinbull
PS. I did find a shed of a bull that I would have dearly loved to have tagged.... not B&C, but nice nonetheless

I will be strapped for time as well, like always sounds like when you get the tag in hand is when you struggle to find the good ones. Guess I will keep doing what I do and hope for the best in the way of a pope and young type bull. Thanks for all the input you guys have been able to give.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom