Drew 2nd chane 44 buck tag. Looking for pointers

I

Idahorn

Well I feel really behind already. I still can't beleive I drew a left over tag.
I'm looking for any info on areas to start looking in unit 44 for some good bucks. I would like to talk on the phone with some people who have hunted here. Thanks in advance for any help

Wow! Thats great..now call F&G and see if they will raincheck it for you.
Sorry I am of no help but that is my serious opinion.

Justin

>Wow! Thats great..now call F&G and
>see if they will raincheck
>it for you.
>Sorry I am of no help
>but that is my serious
>opinion.
>
>Justin
The fires have burnt areas of that unit but that might actually help. My theory is all those deer had to go somewhere so they might be stacked up in certain places now. I don't know just my 2 cents. That's what I'm wishing. But I would take a rain check if they offer it.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-13 AT 06:31PM (MST)[p]>>Wow! Thats great..now call F&G and
>>see if they will raincheck
>>it for you.
>>Sorry I am of no help
>>but that is my serious
>>opinion.
>>
>>Justin
>The fires have burnt areas of
>that unit but that might
>actually help. My theory is
>all those deer had to
>go somewhere so they might
>be stacked up in certain
>places now. I don't know
>just my 2 cents. That's
>what I'm wishing. But I
>would take a rain check
>if they offer it.

Hunt as high as you can AND as low as possible. Hunt early, be there for the opener. Thats what I'd do. And I would not give that tag back no freakin way.

Also, As the season wears on, I'd hunt right smack in the middle of the burn too...

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

"My theory is all those deer had to go somewhere so they might be stacked up in certain places now."

Yep, right into unit 45... Been seeing some great bucks the past few nights crossing over.

Sorry f&g won't be giving rain checks for 44 deer. As the area is open again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom