Drawing question on elk.

I

Itisbig

I never hunted bull elk in Utah and hunted deer in the pauns and dutton. I was wondering how a elk hunt would be in those two units. I was thinking of a muzzy or a early, late rifle. Which do you guys think would be the best? I don't have any points so I thought I need to start somewhere. I'm not looking for a monster. Would the pauns be descent hunt for a descent bull? I know dutton has some dandys. Just wondering what you guys think. Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-14 AT 07:13PM (MST)[p]Well there was another D I C K response.

Yes there good for good bulls. Start putting in and build points. You never know you could get lucky and get a tag in a couple years.

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

Realistically, given the current application system, you will not be guaranteed a tag in either unit for 20 years. Who knows what those units will be like by then. But you always have a chance at a random tag, so go for it if you don't mind waiting.

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-14
>AT 07:13?PM (MST)

>
>Well there was another D I
>C K response.
>
>Yes there good for good bulls.
>Start putting in and build
>points. You never know you
>could get lucky and get
>a tag in a couple
>years.
>
>O--one
>B--big
>A--ass
>M--mistake
>A--america
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Wanna smell my finger?

If ya hunted them for deer-------can ya not answer your own question from the bulls ya saw while hunting deer?

Go for it--

Robb

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom