Dove Hunt

Daxter

Very Active Member
Here in UT it usually seems like we get an early freeze that sends the Doves out of the state before the opener. This year it is looking like the weather may cooperate and they may still be around in good numbers. Good luck to the dove hunters next week!

Dax

Dax

Have a good one yourself!

I'm takin' my .410 O/U Browning to give it a whirl. Might be fun.

Oh, I will have the 12ga auto in the truck just in case I can't shoot the .410.

Be safe,
Zeke

Gonna use my 870 12ga in the field and my crossman 360 in the back yard

Western Nevada sure did not get good weather for the dove opener. I just finished 4 days of antelope hunting along the California state line, about 100-150 miles north of Reno and the weather sucked for the September 1 opener. Thursday, it was 106 degrees, by Saturday it was 52, with wind and rain from noon till Sunday morning. Yesterday, the weather was nicer, but still very cool until early afternoon. I think the high yesterday in that area was about 65 degrees. It was great weather for packing out my buddy's buck, but lousy weather for doves to stick around.

The elk hunters are lovin' the weather here in Ut but it just went to pot for the doves!
As usual we received the pre-fall storms which push the doves to Arizona. I hope you enjoy our birds. haha

BTW; I'm looking at the SNOW in the mountains right now!

Here in western nevada, despite the recent storm, it hasnt gotten quite cold enough to push the dove out of their valley locations. I am still seeing good numbers ont he evening flights and plan to bag a limit wednesday evening and checking out a new spot saturday morning.

Good luck to everyone! My big game hunts are over for the year so now on to birds. first dove, then sagehen, then chukar/quial then duck/geese. should be a great fall.

We'll be shooting the heck out of them here in AZ on Weds!!! ;-) LOVE the dove opener!!!

Good luck to EVERYONE in all states!!!

S.

:)

Well..... the cold rainy weather came to Ut before the Dove opener but even with that we found a few birds and all 3 of us had 10 each on the ground by 9:45am! It was a great shoot and I like to eat them too.
Man, I made some great shots followed (haha) up by missing some easy shots. I guess it all boils down to the fact that I'm just not that good! But I had a ball hitting and missing.
We laughed, poke fun, ate and laughed some more. I LOVE HUNTING and have enjoyed blasting doves for 43 seasons.
I hope you all did well..... and/or had a lot of fun.

Zeke

Glad you guys were able to get limits!! I absolutely LOVE blasting doves as well!!

The early morning flight was right on time!! Myself and a friend had our limits by 6:15AM here in Phx! 30 minutes of shooting, and it was all over! :)

Now back at work, but looking forward to the weekend so I can take the kids out! They'll be heating-up their 870's, I'm sure! ;)

S.

:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom