Donating Antelope Meat

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
I have a freezer full of elk, deer, sheep, and caribou and we drew Wyoming antelope tags. Anyone know a place we can donate a couple of antelope to if we score?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]Likewise, drop some off at my house in Lehi. . . assuming you didn't leave it out in 70+ degree weather all day. :)

Take it to a quality meat processor and have it made into Jalapeno cheese salami and you will never give an antelope away again! It's absolutely wonderful.

I have eaten lope that is better than deer and as good or better than most elk. lope gets such a bad opinion.

Give the deer away and keep the antelope. I had always heard bad things about antelope. 3 of us killed 7 last year, 3 bucks and 4 doe. As we were spending each night skinning and cutting these things up, we kept saying " I hope these things taste good. Well, this was better than any deer I have ever eaten. Yes, I've eaten deer my whole life. I just BBQ the last of the backstraps at deer camp the other day. I had three buddies tell me this was the best game they had ever eaten. I wish I lived by you, I could use some more.

BC

Dr Hunter was the recipient of a couple of well taken care of animals...not because we didn't want them, but we just flat out didn't have any freezer space. I have heard lots of people rave about antelope, and I am sure these are great.
By the way, the hunt was a blast and my son killed a book buck. If I can figure the picture thing I will post later.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom