Donate a Sheep tag?

WapitiBob

Long Time Member
A friend of mine has asked me to research the possibility of him donation his Sheep points or drawing a sheep tag and then donating it. He thinks he has 15 NR points and has no desire to hunt Sheep, thus the desire to donate it to Hunt of a Lifetime or some such org. I don't think he can donate his points but perhaps draw the tag then donate it?
I will call tomorrow an talk to the Dept but thought I would ask here if anybody knows of one of these Orgs works directly with WY on such issues. I know Don Martin does this stuff in AZ but I'm not up on this part of Wyomings regs.

Good try Robb, LOL! Actually, Wyoming does not have a setup like the OP is talking about, except for disabled Veterans at the present time. If a person wants to donate a tag to one of the Vets that qualifies, then it is done through a qualified organization that helps on the hunt.

I thought I read something on the Wyoming website about donating a tag to a veteren. That would be a worthy donation in my opinion.

Rich

Me too Robb,and other than most probably considering us a little mentally disabled, I don't think either of us qualify for those tags, LOL!

So far, you can donate a drawn tag to disabled veteran thru the Dept. I haven't gotten high enough up the ladder to know if a tag can be donated to Hunt of a Lifetime.

Currently, nobody knows if any of the above can be done with Big Horn Sheep. I have to wait for the big wigs to get in on Monday.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom