Dog Day Afternoon

HunterHarry

Long Time Member
Got together with a bunch of folks over the weekend up north and knocked down the Northern California coyote population.
The deer & the antelope were playing as we rolled out late this afternoon.

It sucked to be a coyote this weekend.

:)

A mid morning break with a look east to the Warner Mountains.

014dv.jpg

First of the trip.
This dude almost ran me over.

013wel.jpg

Body count.

yotefest.jpg

024ka.jpg

Could have been a lot better with cooler temps.

Home on the range...

015bh.jpg

Sun sets on another fine Nor Cal adventure.

010mv.jpg

Would have taken more pics but my friends think I already take too many.

Damn, You guys gave em hell!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-11 AT 00:13AM (MST)[p]That is some impressive stuff there! I'm very jealous. Great stuff....and I especially like the one front-and-center with the (12 gauge hull) stoagie in his mouth.

"...I got a shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel
drive, and a country boy can survive..."

Hank Williams Jr.

Nice Job HH!

The count for me was a little lower over the weekend,1 Dog & educated 2 others at one Squeeze of the Trigger!

Looks like a great time hunting in ol Nor Kali! :)

Congrats HH, you guys done a great service to the muleys in that neck of the woods!

Joey

WOW
That some shooting there. Tell all your buddy's they did a hellva of a job and Thanks from all the hunters who try and draw that area.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Must of been a calling contest huh? How many teams did you guys have? Looks like you did real well, thats alot of dead yotes right there, good job!

Well done boys!
Makes the 3 I shot this weekend look like a booger, don't it?

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Was that the annual coyote hunt based out of big valley/alturas area? Looks like the hunt went well. Give us some details on placings,body count etc. Hope you all did well!

Yep, that was the Calling event out of Adin in Modoc County.
53 were killed, down by a couple dozen from last year.

It was tough for us.
Wind direction made approach to our ranches near impossible without them catching our wind
It was unusally warm as well.
We buggered a number of coyotes with the bad wind direction and watched them exit way down range.
We still managed a few.
There was sure a ton of waterfowl in the area, ducks, geese & swans were everywhere!
Still a hundred times better than work!

Thomas couldn't attend this event.
Seems he's only there when it's great anyway.

grin-

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom