Does wyoming suck?????

S

stinkystomper

I sat in on the day auction on friday at the expo and watched as the wyoming any species gov tag sold for around $10,000. Governor tags usually go for around $100,000 or more so I was curious as to why this tag good for deer, elk, or antelope sold so cheap? Are the wolves that bad? is the hunting getting that bad? anyone have and opinions as to whats going on there or was it just a bargain considering?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-10 AT 10:32AM (MST)[p] In my opinion there are several units in Wyoming that are as good as it gets for 300 - 340 bulls. However, the real top end (375 + ) bulls are far more rare in Wyoming than say Utah, New Mexico, or Arizona. Thats why tags in those states go for so much more. Same story for deer. Chip

What's a matter stinky? Second thoughts about not buying it? Or trying to justify not buying it? Lol

On top of it sucking. The wyoming govenor tag offers no real advantage like other states that let you hunt august to January wyoming tags you have to hunt during the regular season and if you are going to do that u just as well buy a commisioner tag, cause they are usually even cheaper>

The real reason is what Diamond said, it's because you have to hunt the regular seasons with everyone else. No thanksgiving specials on rutting deer like in the other states. No 365 day a year hunts, just pure regular season dates with all the rest of the crowd.
DeerBeDead

And you have to pick just one area. You can't hunt all over the state, so there's not only less date flexibility, but also less geographic flexibility compared to other states.

Well the real question is why does the wind in Wyoming blow so much from west to east???? Because... Idaho blows.

wow. i had no idea. that tag does suck with allthose stipulations. Now i cant see why anyone would even give even 5k for that tag.

it's the kind of tag that gives an average guy a shot at affording to get in on a great area if he can't draw thats about it

Actually,with a Wy Gov tag,the recipient can hunt ANY OPEN AREA for the species they pick,INCLUDING LIMITED QUOTA AREAS.Pretty good deal in my eyes.Don't confuse the Gov tag with a commissioner's tag.With the com tag you do have to choose the unit and are confined to that unit.Oh yeah-I forgot that elk hunters cannot hunt the Fed Elk Refuge units with the Gov tag.That being said;yes-Wyoming does suck.I would advise all of you to not hunt here!

Just for you nontypical I will never come hunt wyoming. LOL, too freakin cold. I will just continue to pass through with my windows rolled up and the heater on high. lol

It is a little windy in Wyoming....thats cuz Montana blows and Colorado sucks.....LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom