Does CA have any Boone & Crockett bucks in the book?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-10 AT 01:23PM (MST)[p]YES

Muley Typical:
Frank Huglin...Modoc Co., 1948 200-3/8" 6x5 Tied @ 249
Muley NT:
Harold Laird...Mariposa Co., 1972 319-4/8" 27x23 #8
Blacktail Typ:
Clem Coughlin..Mendocino Co., 1981 175-2/8" 6x5 #4
Blacktail NT:
Newt Boren...Trinity Co., 1955 197-4/8" 11x11 #2

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Paul, here's one from Northern Ca. that was taken fairly recently. During my Ca. Antelope hunt this year, i spoke with the guys that were hunting with the "lucky hunter" when he took this buck...
The guy just was out looking for any ol buck and honestly had no clue. Just goes to show that it is, sometimes better to be lucky than good!

7325ca._b&c_buck.jpg

Joey

Paul, No, not off the top of my head. There were several write-ups in the trophy mags about this buck though. Seems he was over 200" if i remember correctly. Yes, truly a stud Ca. buck!

Joey

The all-time B&C Records Book has four (4) typical mule deer entered and eight (8) non-typical mule deer listed.

Numerous Columbian Blacktail are listed in both typical and non-typical categories from the Golden State......

BOHNTR )))---------->

I have a few friends who have blacktail bucks in the book. One guy has a big 7X9 non-typical, but he won't have it scored. I'm sure it would book. He almost gave it to me awhile back.:)

I wonder how many Boone & Crockett mountain lions are wandering around in CA? I bet a bunch!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom