Doe control wih son

nfh

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-15 AT 09:18PM (MST)[p]Took my boy (4 1/2 years old) out doe hunting. Had a extra doe tag to fill. My boy loved it. For being overdressed in warm clothes he kept right up to where I go and sit. The first night I was ready to shoot a doe but a stomper one horn buck came in and chased the doe off. Tonight we seen bucks chasing does and he loved every min of it. He got to see lots of nice bucks running them hard and grunting. This hunt was ten times more fun then any buck hunt. I didn't shoot the does being chased so we could enjoy and watch.

dropped the doe at 80 yards with the 22-250 and my son yelled WHOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Then here is a muley I been seeing everyday at work. I have seen better bucks than this but this boy gives me time to get close and watch.. His right antler had 2 matching kickers but he seemed to break them off

Great pics, your son is having the time of his life. I'll bet that 22-250 puts those deer right on the ground.

>Wish we could use em here
>in colorado. What bullet/ammo are
>you using?

To be legal you have to have at least 2" long ammo and 60 grains. Since its hard to find it I Found nosler 64 grain. Its the trophy grade. I also found some rem. Ammo to but haven't tried it...

Im very pleased with the results. After I indian qaurter the deeri found awesome exit holes

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom