Doe antelope tags, unit 93

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
My son and I are going to try Wyoming for the first time, looks like we have decided to put in for unit 93, we should be able to draw with our points. I am about wore out trying to figure the draw system, so can anyone tell me if there is any reasonable opportunity to add some doe tags and what the best way to do that would be?

Can I submit for extra tags while applying for the buck tags or is there a chance to buy leftover doe tags?

What I have found leads me to believe there is no opportunity and we my have to focus on just bucks.

Your observation is correct. A handful of type 6/7 tags and many hundreds of applicants put your odds in the toilet and no leftovers.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-13 AT 11:37AM (MST)[p]Last year it took >4PPs for a 100% chance at a buck tag in the regular PP draw and <3PPs in the special PP draw, so I assume you know that since you said you have enough PPs to draw that tag this year. You can try for doe tags in the draw by applying for them just like the buck tag, but the chances are awful poor to draw one. Last year the 93-6 tags that are good for the enitre unit only had a 2 1/2% chance of drawing and the 93-7 tags that cover the area north and west of highway 189 only drew at 12 1/2%. Therefore, I would say you also saw those figures and that's why you made that last statement, which I would agree with unless you look for doe tags in a unit closeby that would have a better chance.
Edit: I see WB posted while I was looking things up, so it looks like 3 for 3 on the doe tag statements.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom