DODGE CUMMINS

H

HORNSNFISH

REFRESH MY MEMORY

YOU MEGACAB OWNERS WHAT FUEL MILEAGE ARE YOU GETTING? 5.9DIESEL

DO YOU HAVE A LIFT?

WHAT SIZE TIRES?

THANKS

never heard a dodge owner yet claim less that 30 mpg's uphill.....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

My neighbor swears on his mothers grave he gets 26 with 6" lift and 35's.....ya right!! (maybe while being towed on a trailer!!)

My other friend has an '09 Durasnack lifted and 37's, 14mpg on his best day.

I'll stick with my Super Duty gasser and live with 12 mpg with a 6" lift and 37" Kumho's.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

v10!!!!!slam?

I have a 01 super duty 4 dr w 35's (7.3DI) and I'm getting 15-16
mpg.

The reason I'm asking is my father n law says he is getting
21-22mpg all day long WTF!!!!!!

My 7.3DI is not going anywhere but my 07 f150 is going away and I thought I might buy momma a Dodge. I tow alot and she tows alot and the f150 sucks for towing a horse trailer..I would buy her a new super duty 6.4DI but they SUCK!!!!!!!!!!! the fuel...

A MEGA CAB 5.9 IS GONNA BE LIKE ME FINDING AN 03-04 4 DOOR 5.9 CUMMINS 4X4 6 SPEED WITH LOW MILES!!!

THEM DURA-MAXI-PADS ARE THE QUICKEST TO THE FUEL STATIONS!!!(JUST FOR CUPSY!!!)

WHEN GAS GOT DOWN TO 1.40 A GALLON PUNK WAS THE ONLY SMART ONE AROUND!!!

JUST GOT CONFIRMATION FROM A FRIEND THAT WORKS FOR FORD!!!

FORD IS SICK OF INTERNATIONAL!!!

AND INTERNATIONAL IS SICK OF FORD!!!

SO FORD IS GONNA BUILD THEIR OWN DIESEL!!!

SUPPOSED TO BE AROUND A 6.0 LITRE V-8!!!

WONDER HOW MANY YEARS IT WILL TAKE TO PERFECT???

LETS DO OUR OWN LITTLE TEST!!!

LETS PUT 30,000 POUNDS BEHIND EACH BREED & CALCULATE THE MILEAGE WITH A CALCULATOR ON A 500 MILE TRIP!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I'm going to look at a 07 mega cab with 39kmiles today, Ya ford
better pull there heads out of there arse!!!! There getting
slaughtered with there choice of diesel engines, I work for a ford dealer and I take care of all the fleet & commercial service, I feel sorry for these guys that have the 6.0's and 6.4's, recalls,turbo's,heads,head gaskets,egr coolers,egr valves,6.4 regen every 20miles errrr!!!! (recall)..........

There is talk about ford running the cummins in there trucks in
2013, we'll see.....

05' Cummins, six speed manual, 4x4, 4 door, short bed, six inch lift, 37 toyos, 15 mpg city, 16 mpg highway.

'04 cummins, quad cab, 35" Micky Thompson tires with a leveling kit. I only get 13MPG on avarage, but have gotten up to 15.

I always thought they were suposed to get like 20mpg boy was I diapointed, $1.00/gal extra fuel cost for the same mpg.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

HORNDANDFISH-
Yes, V-10 gasser.
It's a 2000 and she's just about to roll 200K miles.
She may not have that throw you back in your seat feel like the Turbo diesels, but she'll still pull like the Budweiser team when asked to do so.

I think i'll start hunting for a newer one here this year if the economy picks up a little.
Yes....it will definately be another V-10 :)

Bessy-
Ford's making their own diesel huh?
I may consider one if they can take the stink out of 'em!! ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I had a 04 cummins runing 35 in tires that got up to 22 0n the hwy and up to 18 in town polling my gooseneck form tralers it got about 12 mpg. I have a 1 ton 08 now with the new engine and right now it seems to get 16 on the hwy and 14 in town.but only has 4000 miles on it so its not broke in yet.I havent fiured out what I get polling a traler yet.
+1 slam on the v 10 I have a 99 1 ton that I keep hooked to a form traler. use it every day plenty of power but I only get 7-8 mpg...

I have an 04.5 5.9 Quad cab 3500 4X4 Auto that gets 15-17 around town and on the highway it gets 17-19+. Pulling my 31 ft 5er it gets 10-14 depending on terrain. I don't run as large of tires 285/70/17 BFG AT no lift and I got 42000 miles out of my last set. I have taken a few trips to Tucson (flat) and gotten 20-22+ MPG but that is not the norm. The key to the mileage with the cummins is keeping the RPMs at 1900 RPM or below. When I get above 2000 RPM the mileage drops off quite a bit especially pulling. I've done a few mods to my truck and it runs better as a result. Mine has been a good truck that has simply done the job.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom