DODGE CUMMINS

H

HORNSNFISH

20MPG W/35" TIRES?

LOOKING TO BUY A 05-07 5.9CUMMINS, HOW ARE THEY HOLDING UP FAR
AS BODY,SUSPENSION, TRANS? I KNOW THE ENGINE IS BULLET PROOF..

WHAT KIND OF FUEL MILEAGE TOWING (10-12K)?

MEGACAB OWNERS? DO YOU LIKE THEM?

THANKS

DON'T KNOW THEY'LL PULL 20 MPG WITH 35'S???

THE PROBLEM WITH 05 THRU EARLY 07 IS THE "DUAL MASS FLYWHEEL" MAKING A VIBRATION ON THE 6 SPEEDS!!!

03 THRU EARLY 04'S ARE THE BEST MOST RELIABLE & FUELL EFFICIENT 24 VALVE CUMMINS!!!

BY 05 THEY WERE IN THE PROCESS OF PHAZING IN TO LESS FUEL MILEAGE!!!

THE NEW SMOGGERS ARE FUEL BURNIN BASTAGES!!!

HOWEVER,THERE ARE EXHAUST SYSTEMS & CHIPS THAT TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEMS!!!

STAY AWAY FROM 05,06 & EARLY 07 6 SPEED STICK TRANNY'S,NOTHING WRONG WITH THE TRANNY'S,ITS THE POS DUAL MASS FLYWHEELS CAUSING PROBLEMS!!!

I KNOW OF SEVERAL CUMMINS ENGINES WITH OVER 300,000 MILES ON THEM & A COUPLE REACHING NEAR 700,000 MILES!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Well in a couple months it will become a Chevy if GM and Dodge complete their merger... I wouldnt hold my breath in thinking they will maintain both the Silverado and Ram truck lines. Silverado / Sierras out sell the Ram line by quite a bit so take a guess what they will keep around and what to dump.

Ford stock is now under $2 and falling??? Bye bye powerstrokes.

-DallanC

i have a 06 with the auto trans. tranny went out at 42,000 miles
had two front wheel seals and one barring go out and the seal on the yoke go out I'm at 91000 miles
i do get 21mpg even though i normally drive 80 to 85 mph
following the digger truck at 55 i can get as high as 33mpg and normally get 27 at 65. in town at 30 i get 18 to 19mpg.
you must change air and fuil filters at every service to keep the milage up.

cmiddleton!!!

I'VE DROVE QUITE A FEW CUMMINS & SOME THAT DONE DAMN WELL BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE GET 27-33???

YOU GOING BY THE DIGITAL READ-OUT???

OR FIGURING MILEAGE LIKE I DO WITH A CALCULATOR & ACTUAL MILEAGE???

I THINK I'M GONNA CALL BULL$HIT OR ASK YOU WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO GET AS HIGH AS 33 MPG!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

>Well in a couple months it
>will become a Chevy if
>GM and Dodge complete their
>merger... I wouldnt hold my
>breath in thinking they will
>maintain both the Silverado and
>Ram truck lines. Silverado /
>Sierras out sell the Ram
>line by quite a bit
>so take a guess what
>they will keep around and
>what to dump.
>
>Ford stock is now under $2
>and falling??? Bye bye powerstrokes.
>
>
>
>-DallanC

So you telling me we will only have one Diesel truck to choose from in the future? That's gonna suck big time!

Ive got the old 12v Cummins and I get a consistent 14-16 mpg, I check it every time I fill up and keep a close eye on it because I am self employed and average about 3000 miles a month. It helps to count pennies at this rate.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-08 AT 05:59AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-08 AT 05:55?AM (MST)

well i don't know what to say to change your mind bobcat aside from i've never lied to you before.
on a normal tank and not running it to empty i'm running 760 miles. driving 85 mph. i have never drove 760 miles behind the digger truck and yes its with the read out. going 200 miles at a wack. the read out maxes out at 620 miles tell empty but i can drive to sundance 190 miles before it changes.
my old dodge v-10 i filled up daily
my old 88 chevy 1 ton got 4 mpg
i'll take this fuil milage over that any day. take your truck and drive 55 mpg and see how much you improve.
the digger has a governer and maxes at 55.
i went 45,000 miles a year in it i got it two years ago last sept
towing i drop to 19mpg. in tow haul i'm at 18.

WELL cmiddleton!!!

I NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO IT???

AS I SAID!!!

I'VE DROVE SEVERAL THAT GET DAM GOOD BUT NOTHING EVEN CLOSE TO 33 MPG!!!

I NEED MORE INFO!!!

AT 4.00 A GALLON I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!!!

JUST SOME WORD OF WISDOM!!!

DON'T SELL THAT TRUCK & PLAN ON THE NEXT ONE GETTING THAT GOOD!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

service it every 3000 miles and change the air and fuel filter every time.
i can tell when its time for a service by the fuel mileage, without a clean air filter it will drop to 19.
the fuel filter will start dropping the mileage half way to the second service so i change it every time.
replaced a door due to a deer and the bed due to being hit in the dealers parking lot and seat covers.

we have 7 new dodges 4 with Cummings and this one is the only one that gets above 19 the manual trans are 14 to 16 i have the only auto trans diesel.
behind the digger its running at 1500 rpm or less

Hey Bessy,

service it every 3000 miles and change the air and fuel filter every time.

AND rotate them tires and you could get 97,000 miles on the set of Goodyears like me. LOL

A good tail wind will help too.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-08 AT 06:18PM (MST)[p] I'm 160 miles past my service and can see the mileage drop the dash ticker dropped 4mpg on the way home from normal.
I've never ran a whole tank at 55 mph to check with a calculator but if you go 190 miles at 33 mpg it adds to what you get when ya burn the rest the tank at 85. Wyoming is one big town with real long streets.
I'm working in Douglas right now its nice its only 50 miles one way. when I'm at the coal mine its 120 miles one way. I'm home every night either way.

Cmiddleton. I highly recommend you contact Dodge about your excellent mileage because they would be very interested in why your getting such great numbers especially today! I'd bet they'd buy you a new truck if they verify the mileage so they can tear it down and see just why.I'm not saying you're fibbing at all sometimes they make a vehicle that just does much better than the norm and they would probably be curious as to why. You are getting 10-14 miles per gallon more than most of their trucks at that higher figure and they'd most likely be very interested. It's not impossible. Just a thought for you to consider. The best I've ever done is 22 MPG and that was only on one tank. Most of the time I get around 17 mpg per tank combined driving 50/50. Above 70 my mileage drops like a rock.

Boskee, mine is the same. 17-19 if I drive faster than 70 which is around the 2k rmp mark my mileage drops like a rock too.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-17-08 AT 05:15PM (MST)[p] the first time i took it in they changed the computer and dropped the mileage to 17. i took it back and they reset it back to what it had from the factory. like i say its a auto trans its the only one out of 7 we have. the only one that gets good mileage. at 75 i get 21 mpg at 90 i get 19 on the mountain in 4 high i get 18
i could talk to the office and get the printout of what i have burned in the last two years then i could average the whole 91,000 miles and see what my driving habits average. that would surely drop it down. i tend to drive fast.
the 33 is only while following the diggertruck at 55 down the hills and 45 up the hills

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom