DODGE 5.9

H

HORNSNFISH

I JUST BOUGHT A 06 DODGE 5.9 WITH 8500 MILES, WAS WONDER WHAT IS THE BEST PERF CHIP FOR THESE TRUCKS? I WASN'T ABLE TO GET A 6SPD BUT AM PLANNING ON CHANGING THE TRANS PAN AND TORQ CONV.

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS

The person who would most readily respond to your inquiry is unfortunately no longer an active subscriber to these forums so while this question will undoubtedly not go unanswered for very long, the answers will however lack a certain flair, or personality you might say, that would otherwise make this boring kind of question and thread at least halfway interesting.

Good luck!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

HAHAHAHAH LOL THAT I DO :) DANG FORD CAN'T GET THERE ##### TOGETHER, 6.0 AND 6.4 ARE CRAP BUT I SURE DO LOVE MY 7.3.

THE DODGE IS GOING TO BE FOR THE WIFE FOR TOWING HER HORSES..

WE'LL SEE HOW THE DODGE HOLDS UP...

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-09 AT 05:17PM (MST)[p]I'd put a less restrictive exhaust system on it then get her more air. Then I'd put in a smarty JR or Smarty add some guages that should get her going nicely especially if you're going to put in a TC and upgraded valve body/shift kit and deep pan. She'll pull nicely with these mods and the smarty will keep the temps in check. hope this helps.

100% agree with the smarty. my buddy has one for his 02. he let me hook it up on my 98 24v for a week....WOW!! that plus my bosch 300 injectors and afe got me hooked. of course i ran it on level 9 the whole time. ha ha. there are a lot of options and i dont feel there is a better chip/programmer out there. its funny, in the manual, they actually warn you to not use level 9 if there is any moisture on the road....its a good warning to adhere to:) id also get some gauges if youre doing any mods...egt, fuel psi and boost would be a must. i already wasted a turbo becuase of a hot shut down with no gauges. $1500 mistake i WONT make again!!

I have the same truck and am using a bullydog triple dog. It has been a great and was a easy to install (about 2 hours). The only thing that really made me nervous was drilling and tapping a hole in the turbo for the pyrometer. Only after I grabbed a 1/2" wrench and tighten my puss brace I was able to drill the pilot hole.
I have enjoyed the fact that you can set defuel rates so you don't hurt anything. Plus all of the gauages are built in.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

you might want to look into superchips too. i know a couple people that have them on duramaxes and they love them. stay away from edge though

I have a '02 2500 and I went with the Edge Juice with Attitude. This was about 4 yrs ago when I put it on so I'm sure there are many different models on the market now.

I went with this unit because the in-cab controller allows for on-the-fly power level changes and it displays info such as EGT, Boost, Engine Temp, Engine Load, Tranny Slip and True Speed. This eliminated the need to add gauges which saved me more $$$. It also provides adjustable fueling levels at low boost and during shifting to improve towing. This also allows you to blow more black smoke when accelerating. In other words, when that a-hole behind you won't get off your arse, just burp the throttle and hammer it. He'll be blowing black snot out his nose for a week :)

This unit is more than enough for me.

- Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom