docter optics 20x50x80 binos

L

lonetree

Has anyone used the Docter optic 20x50x80 binos out in the field. If so how did you like them. What is their size and weight like and how do they compare to a spotting scope of the same magnification and Glass quality.

I want a pair of these too. At the expo I found a pair of howas 32x82 binos with angled eye pieces. THey were awesome ,but another grand more then the docs. The bigger the better. I will have a pair some day.

I have had a pair of the 40 wide angle Docters. They are much better then the 50's in my opion because of the wider field of view. The bino's are awesome but heavy @10.1 lbs.and are a think around 22 in. long. There is a couple of things you have to consider when buying these, one you are going to have to get a pack that can handle them and two you are going to have to have a well made tripod that can hold their weight. Also, because of the magnification you are really going to have to watch for heat waves. This is a very expensive pair of bino's that I found were not worth all the extra weight and hassle over having another ocular. Go with a good spotting scope for half the price and a third of the weight and bulk. Good luck and Good Hunting!
Bill

Biil thanks for the info. I didn't know they were that big @ 10lbs and 22" long I will stick with a scope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom