Do your children know?

Dean Parisian

Do Your Children Know?

- The name of your first pet and how you got him

- Your favorite food when you were growing up and who made it for you

- How much you made an hour at your first job

- The awards or honors you received during your school years and which one meant the most to you

- Your favorite vacation spot and why

- How you and your spouse met and how he asked her to marry him

- How old you were when you got your first cell phone

- Your most embarrassing moment in school

- The worst prank you ever played and if you got caught

- Nicknames you've had and why you had them

- The worst or funniest date you ever had

- Who your best friend was throughout school, what you liked about them, and what kinds of things the two of you did together

- If you were ever picked on as a child and what you did about it

- What you miss most about being a kid

Do You Know Your Children's?

- Favorite holiday memory

- Dream vacation spot

- The celebrity they'd most like to meet

- Current best friend

- Current favorite song or TV show

- Favorite animal

- Favorite subject in school

- Most cherished possession

- Best memory of a family event

- Hopes for the future

Dean Parisian
Life Member of NRA,TN,MN & GA Trapping Assc.'s. Kids who trap and hunt don't mug little old ladies. Baiting is a significant condemnation of a shooters ability to hunt

>
>Do Your Children Know?
>
>- The name of your first
>pet and how you got
>him
>
>- Your favorite food when you
>were growing up and who
>made it for you
>
>- How much you made an
>hour at your first job
>
>
>- The awards or honors you
>received during your school years
>and which one meant the
>most to you
>
>- Your favorite vacation spot and
>why
>
>- How you and your spouse
>met and how he asked
>her to marry him
>
>- How old you were when
>you got your first cell
>phone
>
>- Your most embarrassing moment in
>school
>
>- The worst prank you ever
>played and if you got
>caught
>
>- Nicknames you've had and why
>you had them
>
>- The worst or funniest date
>you ever had
>
>- Who your best friend was
>throughout school, what you liked
>about them, and what kinds
>of things the two of
>you did together
>
>- If you were ever picked
>on as a child and
>what you did about it
>
>
>- What you miss most about
>being a kid
>
>Do You Know Your Children's?
>
>- Favorite holiday memory
>
>- Dream vacation spot
>
>- The celebrity they'd most like
>to meet
>
>- Current best friend
>
>- Current favorite song or TV
>show
>
>- Favorite animal
>
>- Favorite subject in school
>
>- Most cherished possession
>
>- Best memory of a family
>event
>
>- Hopes for the future
>
>
>
>
>Dean Parisian
>Life Member of NRA,TN,MN & GA
>Trapping Assc.'s. Kids who
>trap and hunt don't mug
>little old ladies. Baiting is
>a significant condemnation of a
>shooters ability to hunt

JUST WONDERING WHERE YOUR GOING W/THIS DEAN....INTERESTING......YD.

There's a lot about you that your children don't know. Those questions can help you learn more about each other. Turn it into a game, and enjoy the conversation in the process.

Really liked the question list, plan to use it at our family reunion next month. Thanks.

Not sure I understand your apparent dislike for baiting. I was wonder if watching a known natural feeding zone early in the morning or just before dark is hunting or setting on bait. If it grows naturally is it bait or is it only bait if you take advantage of it to harvest an animal? To me I can't see much difference in creating a bait to set over or using a bait mother nature producted. Taking advantage of an animal's need for food is about the same, natural or man made. Maybe the hunting is finding the natural food source. Maybe taking a feeding animal in the process of eat or seeking food of any kind it unethical.

Is using a tied fly akin to baiting. Would fishing need to be bare handed or spear gunning, even a bare hook must look like something to eat if a fish takes it, or so it seems.

These ethics issues are perplexing when we strip them down a little, or so they seem to me.

Just curious where your individual definition of baiting starts and ends. Might be an interesting thread to see what others think, what's baiting- what's hunting.

Again, thanks for the cool questions. We'll have a good time with them in July

Respectfully,
dc

The few days I spent on Ted Nugents Texas high-fence ranch last February were fun and interesting. Ted is a great guy sharing a campfire and meal for sure and his "ZEBRA" colored arrows are a hoot.

As a Life Member, as are my two sons, of the NRA I feel that Ted Nugent does a great job in representing sportsmen. His ranch is to me, one massive supplemental feeding operation for the number of animals relative to the size of the property.

His feeding operation reminds me of a good Iowa or Minnesota feed lot, especially with his breeding population of oryx. Although I didn't see any mule deer on the property he said he had some. The dozens of gagger whitetail bucks were truly a beautiful sight. It is amazing how much antler can be grown in a stress-free feeding operation of that size.

My personal stand on baiting is pretty simple. If it is legal and somebody wants to hunt in that manner have at it. I feel that baiting is a tactic desired by lazy hunters that do not want to learn woodsmanship skills or spend the time to study deer, their behaviour or their movement patterns.

I think baiting is a tactic designed to circumvent effort, knowledge and skill. I was born in Minnesota and attended college and law school there; I think the MN DNR is on the right track. Check out this article, it sums things up in Minnesota.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/volunteer/sepoct08/bait.html

I know where I stand so'll I stand there.

Everyone else can hunt how they like.

Dean Parisian
Life Member of NRA,TN,MN & GA Trapping Assc.'s. Baiting is a significant condemnation of a shooters ability to hunt

THERE IS ONE THING WE AS HUNTERS NEED TO KEEP IN MIND. THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT STYLES OF HUNTING OUT THERE, DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN OTHER REGIONS ALSO PARTAKE IN HUNTING IN DIFFERENT MANORS.....GUN, MUZZ, BOW, BAIT ,STALK, TREE STAND, CALL, & A FEW MORE. WE CANT AFFORD TO DIVIDE OUR NUMBERS BASED ON INDIVIDUAL LIKES & DISLIKES.....WE NEED TO HUNT OUR OWN METHODS & LET THE OTHER GUY DO THE SAME FOR THE GOOD OF THE SPORT.

I ALSO DO NOT ALWAYS AGREE WITH METHODS/PEOPLE/TACTICS AND OR SOME EQUIPMENT UTILIZED IN HUNTING PURSUITS.......BUT.....MORE IMPORTANTLY.....WE NEED TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER & OUR LOVE FOR HUNTING.....FIRST & FOREMOST.....YD.

Sounds like we're all on the same page. Long live the great outdoors and the good ole boys.

dc

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom