do you NFL fans think of the patriots as cheaters?

R

RACKMASTER

if they go 16-0 I will not even think of them as perfect...
because of the filming of other teams signal call taping.
I AM SURE THEY ALREADY ENOUGH FILM ON OTHER TEAMS!
NEW ENGLAND TO ME CHEATED.... NO MATTER WHO THEY PLAY!
Just seems to me no matter how good they look they cheat!!
what do you think? I was never an NE fan however I am just mad on how they are rolling over everyone and they were caught cheating and it may have something to do with it!
rm

Did they pay a fine or get repremanded? They will be beat before the season is over. Sunday perhaps.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-07 AT 08:54AM (MST)[p]You can say what you want about what they did but it really isn't that big of a deal when it comes down to it. Football is about execution - 11 on 11. When the 11 guys on both sides of the ball execute with the precision they are right now - it doesn't matter what film they have. I am not a Pats fan, but I know football. Stealing defensive signals is small peanuts - its not that hard to do. Most coaches signal in the defense with common signals anyway. If he holds up 4 fingers twice - it means they are in a 4-4, then they line up in the 4-4 and come at you. Other than coverages, the only way it could even possibly help is on blitz packages, then you still don't know where it is coming from anyway and have to improvise at the last minute to cover it with your line. And any team that uses the excuse that the Pats know what coverage they are in before they call the play because they stole the signals is just covering up for the fact that they aren't executing their defensive game plan because the players can't measure up to what the Pats are putting on the field. The Pats are superior because their system is solid and they execute it well. Most of their offensive game plan is scripted by situationm and Brady is reading the defense at the line and changing the calls and running the offense as much as the offensive coordinator. They lost a draft pick and got heavily fined, but it didn't give them any more of an unfair advantage than they already had. Brady to Moss is the biggest unfairness of them all. Brady has been doing the same thing for years without a premeir receiver and now he has one and guess what - yeah they are rocking and rolling, and now all the other receivers are putting up Pro-Bowl numbers too because you can't leave Moss in single coverage. Brady still manages to find him twice a game! That leaves uneven coverages acorss the board and you have 4.6 and 4.7 speed linebackers covering 4.3 speed Wes Welker it is a serious mismatch and Brady will burn you. Plus they have the best O-line in the league. They are beating people up and its not because of any tapes they watch. When you give a guy that good that much time to throw the ball - Lord have mercy. Just wait until Lawrence Maroney is healthy and they have the added threat of a running game.

Cheaters? Give me a break. Just a damn good football team. The Colts better be loaded for bear.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

thanks for your opinion ROY... yes when the Pats and Colt game is played that will be the one to watch...
maybe better than the SUPERBOWL!...
(still cheated though..!)
jack

Roy -1
League said they cheated (that means they cheated)

Would they have been as good as they are without cheating..prolly so,
Doesn't change the fact they they knowingly felt compelled to steal/capture info from an opposing team.

Teams try stealing signs from each other all the time, in baseball its standard procedure. Yet if you saw a team setting in the dugout with as video camera aimed at the opposing coach's that would be pretty slimy.

Bigger question for me is W(why)TF did the pats go there ?

WTF ????????

How can filming anything in a game or practice be called Cheating???? Splain this to me, (Hell, I'm still not sure what was illegal about Watergate).

So I guess I cannot prescout my deer area and take photos of an animal I would like to shoot...I must be cheating!!!!

They've got a GOOD program and are executing it as required...just that simple.

I hope someone beats them real soon.

RAMMU , YOUR NUTTS BROTHER! Payton is great , awesome and maybe the best QB in the league.But to say he is what Brady wishes he was , yeah , I do recall Brady with 3 Super Bowl rings and Payton , well he doesn't have three, though Brady did get his after steam rolling the colts a time or two. I'm not a Patriots Homer , I'm a Bronco fan , so don't think I'm wanting a pissen match here, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck , it's a duck!Call it what it is , Brady is a bad mutha , and it's hard to take away from his accomplishmets just in a cheap azz comparison!

roy+3 well said pats over colts look at the stats on

nfl.com and see who is a better quarterback payton or brady like nmhuntnutt said who has more rings ? pats 16-0 this is the year. I know I sound like a pats fan but im not, im a 49er fan sad to say so I dont have much room to talk ...

I would say if the Pats were JUST barely beating teams, it could be argued that their filming may have worked. As it stands, they are just simply dominating all they defenses out there. Welker, Moss, and that other guy. Most defenses use two or three guys signalling in the defense to be used for confusion purposes. A LB or Safety will know which one to look for plus a smart Defensive captain can read a particular offense and respond in kind.

Brady is a damn good QB with an excellent offense. I don't see him changing things up too much, though he is getting more license to do so it seems. Like the master, Peyton Manning.

Did they (Pats) cheat? Yeah, probably. The org and the coach got fined for it. But they don't need the films. I also think that the stigma of being labled as "cheaters" has lent a tremendous impetus to their season as well. They are out to prove something.

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck I'm goona shoot
it! go GREEN BAY...Farve is God!
rm

It is cheating if you look at it from a commissioners stand point. But from a players stand point, this kind of stuff happens everywhere. If you aren't changing your defensive signals every week in the NFL then something is wrong with your team. Every team changes their signals every week because of stuff like this. It's a bush league way of cheating. Did the Pats need to do it to win? NO WAY, they are an awesome team even though I can't stand them. It pisses me off how good they are. But it doesnt have anything to do with them filming other coaches IMO.

Go Favre and the Packers!!!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-31-07 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4728d6716f51b6f9.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-07 AT 08:06PM (MST)[p]Every team in the NFL was doing it and the commisioner knew it. The Patriots just happened to be the ones to do it while the commish was at that game..Cheating??? GIVE ME A BREAK! Every team even to this day has something they're doing to give them the adavantage to WIN! So lets bring hunting into this just for the hell of it. Is it cheating if you scout, film, setup trail cams, use scopes, rangefinders, two-way radios, etc... or just an advantage to bag a nice buck or bull. In my opinion, it's the same thing. It's crossing a fine line to give you an advantage. Call it what you want.

"Keep yer powder dry n yer eye on the skyline!"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-07 AT 08:12PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Nov-01-07
>AT 08:06?PM (MST)

>
>Every team in the NFL was
>doing it and the commisioner
>knew it. The Patriots just
>happened to be the ones
>to do it while the
>commish was at that game..Cheating???
>GIVE ME A BREAK!
>Every team even to this
>day has something they're doing
>to give them the adavantage
>to WIN! So
>lets bring hunting into this
>just for the hell of
>it. Is it cheating
>if you scout, film, setup
>trail cams, use scopes, rangefinders,
>two-way radios, etc... or just
>an advantage to bag a
>nice buck or bull.
>In my opinion, it's the
>same thing. It's crossing
>a fine line to give
>you an advantage. Call it
>what you want.
>
>
>"Keep yer powder dry n yer
>eye on the skyline!"

Scouting? Filming? Scopes? Eyesssssssssssss?????????????? Come on, do you use a site on your bow your rifle? Whats next. What about a Tred Barta Knife

Gila, I was asking question if Patriots "Cheated" or just getting an advantage? Never said all that stuff was cheating. It is an advantage, just like the Patriots were doing. Was trying to make a point but like usual everyone want to just jump down somebodies throat with out reading and understanding the post.....DOOH!

"Keep yer powder dry n yer eye on the skyline!"

Taking nothing away from Brady, but a Superbowl ring does NOT define greatness. Jeff Hostetler and Trent Dilfer have rings and Archie Manning doesn't. Who in their right mind would take either over Archie in their prime?

Both are great QB's and will end up in the Hall. I dislike the Pats, and I really dislike Moss. I think Dungy and the Colts are a classy org., more so than the Pats org., IMHO.

I am hoping the Colts win, but I won't be putting money on it.

PRO

I agree with you about Moss being a classless POS. Heck, if I didn't agree with you, I'd have a much better record in fantasy football. I wouldn't pick Moss or Owens when I could have, on principle, and boy would my record be better if I had either one of those idiots.

The Pats are the better team, plain and simple. Yes, Dungy and his team are more respectable, but if you don't already realize it, there are plenty of unrespectable players and coaches in sports. They're put there because they contribute to winning, not because they're role models.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom