Do you ever wonder why there is failure

feddoc

Long Time Member
in our society?

Sometimes it is because we don't have to learn. Too many safety nets. Too many trophies for participating.

Here is but one example.

'A Baltimore high school student passed all but three classes over four years and still graduated near the top half of his class with a 0.13 GPA, according to Fox 45 Baltimore.'
(momma says) She continued: "I feel like they never gave my son an opportunity, like if there was an issue with him, not advancing or not progressing, that they should have contacted me first, three years ago."
France's son failed 22 classes and was late or absent 272 days over his first three years of high school. Only one teacher requested a parent-teacher conference, but France said that didn't happen. Despite this, her son still ranked 62nd in his class out of 120 total students.

Far from it actually. Just tired of the ignorance. There's good and bad teachers, union or non union affiliated, andt that can be said in any work sector/ industry in our country for that matter. The fact is, too many of us listen to sound bites and propaganda from political parties and repeat it as if they are now informed and all knowing in any subject matter after hearing it on talk radio.

Far from it actually. Just tired of the ignorance. There's good and bad teachers, union or non union affiliated, andt that can be said in any work sector/ industry in our country for that matter. The fact is, too many of us listen to sound bites and propaganda from political parties and repeat it as if they are now informed and all knowing in any subject matter after hearing it on talk radio.
Feddoc posted the link for the story. Did you even read it before posting your useless diatribe. How do you explain this student being ranked in the upper half of his class. It’s a disgrace.

Far from liberal, pretty well voted republican my entire life until this year if you really need to know...
Life must be tough for you, regurgitating the tide bits of propaganda that has to be spoon fed to you. I'm guessing you've said this in the past~ " It's them libral teachurs fault that can't teach my boy too learn good"

Looks like we have a new offended liberal troll.
This is funny, after reading "looks like we have a new offended liberal troll" it reminded me of that scene in pulp fiction when bruce willis runs into that pawn shop, and out of nowhere he's attacked. The next thing he knows he's tied up, with a ball gag in his mouth. Then you say "bring out the gimp" sorry this is getting so off course, but do you work in a pawn shop?
Looks like we have a new offended liberal troll.

A 0.13 GPA could well be near the the top half of his class. The teachers aren't the only ones who failed these kids. Absent 272 days over his first three years of high school. No teacher could fix that.

in our society?

Sometimes it is because we don't have to learn. Too many safety nets. Too many trophies for participating.

Here is but one example.

Wonder if he got his trophy?

participation_medal_1f5ef067-ecd5-4906-9644-76d6539c3939_1200x630.jpg

A 0.13 GPA could well be near the the top half of his class. The teachers aren't the only ones who failed these kids. Absent 272 days over his first three years of high school. No teacher could fix that.
A quote from his mother:

"He didn't fail, the school failed him. The school failed at their job.”

Your son was marked absent 272 days and you're just finding out about this??? How about taking SOME responsibility? It's always someone's else's fault...

This is funny, after reading "looks like we have a new offended liberal troll" it reminded me of that scene in pulp fiction when bruce willis runs into that pawn shop, and out of nowhere he's attacked. The next thing he knows he's tied up, with a ball gag in his mouth. Then you say "bring out the gimp" sorry this is getting so off course, but do you work in a pawn shop?
Yep the fool just proved my point. Pulp Fiction? LMAO..... Pawn Shop ? You really should move to Hollywood and pet your kind.

Uh oh the village idiot cosmetic cowgirl got his feelings hurt. Sounds as if you're the liberal! Soo sensitive! You're a closet liberal that taps his foot in airport bathroom stalls to get dates like that weirdo Idaho senator larry craig.

Feddoc posted the link for the story. Did you even read it before posting your useless diatribe. How do you explain this student being ranked in the upper half of his class. It’s a disgrace.
Let’s, place most of the blame where it belongs, with the parents of the kids. Teacher’s should not have to be baby sitters.

Let’s, place most of the blame where it belongs, with the parents of the kids. Teacher’s should not have to be baby sitters.
I agree, the mother is clueless. BUT, how does a school system have a class of 120 with 58 students with a GPA below .13. The teachers union is failing the students. The Baltimore teachers union is “protesting “ this weekend to STILL not go back to school. Not that it would make any difference to their students anyway. Way to go Baltimore teachers union! ?

Not to distract from your message, but the teachers union protested a month ago to delay in school learning until March 1st. I can't find any news feeds that say they are protesting this weekend. Can you provide me with a news link that says they are protesting this weekend? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just hoping to get a better perspective as to what is going on in that school district

Not to distract from your message, but the teachers union protested a month ago to delay in school learning until March 1st. I can't find any news feeds that say they are protesting this weekend. Can you provide me with a news link that says they are protesting this weekend? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just hoping to get a better perspective as to what is going on in that school district
I agree, the mother is clueless. BUT, how does a school system have a class of 120 with 58 students with a GPA below .13. The teachers union is failing the students. The Baltimore teachers union is “protesting “ this weekend to STILL not go back to school. Not that it would make any difference to their students anyway. Way to go Baltimore teachers union! ?
I can't see how you are blaming the teachers union for the failures of school administrators. They are two completely different entities. I'm not a teacher or and administrator or work for the teachers union, but one can assume that unions don't dictate administration procedures let alone procedures and policies for advancing students who fail classes.

Elkhunter I will tell you how teacher's Unions are allowing and condoning poor teachers in the class room. I have a friend who was a principal at a local grade school, K to 8th. grade.
She had two teachers that were about 2 years from retirement. These two teachers decided to slack off and failed to teach their students to the standard that was in placed.
Principal called them in and requested they quick slacking off and teach the courses as required to the standard set in order for the kids to get the education they needed.
Both teachers stonewalled the principal and failed to meet the standards of teaching required of them.
Principal went to the Superintendent of schools and advised him she was going to start the process of firing them for failure to do their job.
He advised the principal to forget it as the teacher's union would fight the firing to the last minute and it would take over 2 years to complete the firing process and by that time they would have put in their retirement papers and be gone drawing full retirement.
I have two family members that are teachers and both say that the union has a habit of protecting even the teachers that should be fired for serious violations or failing to do their job as required of all teachers.
RELH

Elkhunter I will tell you how teacher's Unions are allowing and condoning poor teachers in the class room. I have a friend who was a principal at a local grade school, K to 8th. grade.
She had two teachers that were about 2 years from retirement. These two teachers decided to slack off and failed to teach their students to the standard that was in placed.
Principal called them in and requested they quick slacking off and teach the courses as required to the standard set in order for the kids to get the education they needed.
Both teachers stonewalled the principal and failed to meet the standards of teaching required of them.
Principal went to the Superintendent of schools and advised him she was going to start the process of firing them for failure to do their job.
He advised the principal to forget it as the teacher's union would fight the firing to the last minute and it would take over 2 years to complete the firing process and by that time they would have put in their retirement papers and be gone drawing full retirement.
I have two family members that are teachers and both say that the union has a habit of protecting even the teachers that should be fired for serious violations or failing to do their job as required of all teachers.
RELH
Im a project manager for a national contractor. I deal with building trades union crafts like iron workers boiler makers, pipefitters ect on quite a few projects. I deal with business managers for unions quite often. I know from personal experience not hearsay how termination with unions work as far as construction goes. If there is a legitamite issue with a union worker and we follow protocol, they can be terminated immediately depending on the issue. If it's lack of production or attendance then it takes some documentation and there's protocol both parties have to follow. Think of three strikes your out. If we do our part there is usually no backlash from the union. Trust me, they don't want to have to represent or condone what the the industry calls "slugs" anymore than we want to have deal with them.

Im a project manager for a national contractor. I deal with building trades union crafts like iron workers boiler makers, pipefitters ect on quite a few projects. I deal with business managers for unions quite often. I know from personal experience not hearsay how termination with unions work as far as construction goes. If there is a legitamite issue with a union worker and we follow protocol, they can be terminated immediately depending on the issue. If it's lack of production or attendance then it takes some documentation and there's protocol both parties have to follow. Think of three strikes your out. If we do our part there is usually no backlash from the union. Trust me, they don't want to have to represent or condone what the the industry calls "slugs" anymore than we want to have deal with them.
Iron workers and pipe fitters get tenure??

My point is this-There are individuals out there who's actions can reflect poorly on the whole, but the blame needs to be put where it is due. And that's on the schools administrations procedures and policies.
If my poor decisions as a construction manager cause a project to be ran into the ground should I be able to blame the guys on the job or better yet the local union? Trust me it happens, I've seen it and it's not fair to them.

I can tell you I have been in business for 22 years and I have hired two men with high-school diplomas that I later discovered were completely illiterate.

Elk hunter I’m going out on a limb for this you’re a douche. Dealing with three trades makes you an expert on education? You yourself probably have no trade experience just a Constrution management degree. You probably live in a bubble where you walk on water. Just my opinion but you have been spewing trash and attacking others for no reason. React to the article or shut up. I know I came down to your level and I’m sorry I had to.

The more I think about your friends experience, the more it makes me wonder why the principal accepted her superintendents unwillingness to pursue firing them. It's just as bad as the teachers not fulfilling their job duties! Sounds like the same attitude and logic was used by the superintendent as the teachers!

Elk hunter I’m going out on a limb for this you’re a douche. Dealing with three trades makes you an expert on education? You yourself probably have no trade experience just a Constrution management degree. You probably live in a bubble where you walk on water. Just my opinion but you have been spewing trash and attacking others for no reason. React to the article or shut up. I know I came down to your level and I’m sorry I had to.

I'm deeply sadden to hear thatI brought you down to my level, I'm sure you're normally a great guy! I'm just trying to make friends here, but apparently if I don't use the word liberal enough in a post then I'm not right wing enough to fit in?

Political forum? If that were to ever happen, can someone let me know a few days in advance so I can stock up on tin foil?
By political forum you meant echo chamber right?

Heat, straight down the middle and he couldn't touch it.

How would tenure factor into reprimanding a teacher in failing to do her job? Tenure is about keeping one teacher over another based on duration of employment right?

It is a fact that there are stupid union rules. Tell me about your time with the trades in Manhattan. :rolleyes:

But that doesn’t have very much to do with why your kid is lazy and dumb.

One of the classes I took in college was oral communications.
One of the last classes I took because I despise speaking in front of groups. But one of the speeches we had to give was to tell a story about yourself.
Football scholarship individual gets up and tells his story about how he got in. Says he took the entrance exam and didnt score high enough so he had to take it again. Well, the second time was worse than the first. So "what we did" was combine the two scores to get it high enough so that I could meet the requirements.
AND he was smart enough to get up and tell that in class!!

They wonder why people become cynical with age.

Whats up with EH?
I'm an idiot because I spoke of a real life experience with the dumbing down of schools??

And I'm the idiot? Um, yeah. Ok.

Haha I can pretty well assume the lesson would go something like "nuh uh trump's the best" then everyone else would chime in and say "see elk hunters one of them librals".
We’re not allowed to be anything but robotic dolts around here anymore.....keep running that mouth of yours and you might find out....well then again, you lean the mm approved direction so you probably won’t....

This is just sad. I wonder how many of you know youre being trolled but still can't resist the temptation? Let's find out!

Do you guys think trump was just kidding around when he suggested shining powerful light or injecting disinfectants to treat covid? Do you think the flu is still responsible for more deaths than covid? What's your thoughts on wearing masks?

This is just sad. I wonder how many of you know youre being trolled but still can't resist the temptation? Let's find out!

Do you guys think trump was just kidding around when he suggested shining powerful light or injecting disinfectants to treat covid? Do you think the flu is still responsible for more deaths than covid? What's your thoughts on wearing masks?
No way bud, I'm not getting a spanking over you.

I can't see how you are blaming the teachers union for the failures of school administrators. They are two completely different entities. I'm not a teacher or and administrator or work for the teachers union, but one can assume that unions don't dictate administration procedures let alone procedures and policies for advancing students who fail classes.
In reading your posts it's readily apparent that you don't have experience with teachers' unions. Spend some time on a local school board and you'll get a different perspective.
I will say that getting a kid through school takes parents and teachers to care. I put more emphasis on the parent's responsibility than the teacher.
But after 2 years, a teacher gets tenure, and it's dang difficult to get rid of them. That is a fact.

Now for my next topic of discussion! How many of you guys think the earth is less than a few thousand years old
It seems like maybe someone is posting under a new handle!

When Founder returns from Vegas I do believe EH05 will disappear.

Ok trump trump trump your an ass sorry. Here to make friends well act like it not some jerk at the bar looking for a fight.

When it comes to my health, I don't mess around. I go straight to the experts and trust the science!

That was filmed the same month the Mango Mussolini said, “You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

Recommending wearing a mask at that time, with so little likelihood of catching it in the USA, would be like recommending the dengue fever vaccine for a resident of Bozeman. The science simply didn't back it up, but that doesn't mean a traveler shouldn't get the Dengue vaccine just because they're not recommended in Bozeman. As circumstances change, so do recommendations.

Did you even bother to listen to him? "When you're in the 'middle' of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better. But it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is." He didn't say the beginning of an outbreak, he said the middle of an outbreak. He reminds me of a freshly caught fish in the bottom of the boat.

Is that a way to say he is flipping & flopping depending which way the wind is blowing? Trump should have fired him and did not. Biden should have fired him when he took office, as he did everyone else, but did not. That would indicate Fauci is a good judge which way the wind is blowing and goes with it.

RELH

Did you even bother to listen to him? "When you're in the 'middle' of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better. But it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is." He didn't say the beginning of an outbreak, he said the middle of an outbreak. He reminds me of a freshly caught fish in the bottom of the boat.
He’s a big star now. It’s a totally different gig.

Feddoc, did you try to give her a couple of transparent masks to better show off her assets?

RELH

Eelgrass, you are quite correct. Take this girl, for example....

grqe6de.jpg
I know one of you MM's followed her to the trash can and reused those masks. They say they don't work as good the second time. and it looks like she is wearing them inside out.
No protocol at all just sayin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom