Do you buy BLM maps?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
A friend and I were talking yesterday about BLM maps that show private property, BLM, and state lands. We were talking about how many hunters actually need or want to buy them each year. I buy them for areas I hunt in Colorado, but that is about it. The spots in Utah and Wyoming I do not. What about you guys? How often do you get the maps to try and find state land to hunt or see private land boundries?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

With the new motorized travel rules that all forests (Forest Service) have in UT, I think it is a must for hunt on FS land.
Don't think the BLM is doing the same thing yet, but I bet it will not be too long before they do.

The FS have limited all motorized travel to "designated routes" so no more motorized travel off of roads and trail (except for camping and firewood) unless they are on the current "official map". Sounds like they are going to be updating the maps every year like the hunting regs.

I found some great maps on the Dixie NF (S. UT) webpage that are online and show some good detail (road #s, non-motorized trails, springs, mt peaks). I think it was the "travel maps"

http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/dixie/projects/MTP/index.shtml

Thought I would share.
3p2

I have them for every area I hunt. I find them critical for knowing where the public land ends and private begins. Typically I transfer the information by hand onto the USGS 7.5 minute maps that I carry with me in the field.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

I get them every time I go into a new area, always nice to have a general idea of what areas are public and private as well as access roads.

Jody

I have drawers full of them for at least 7 states. I have quad/topo maps and CD's too. I make copies of them and laminate them, too. You just can't have enough maps. And Google Earth is another asset I use and have lots of copies from.

Most times when I draw a tag I get the BLM map(s) of the area. After the hunt I never use tham again. I have them all in a chest of drawers. I never draw the same area twice, but I can't get rid of them for some reason. Sometimes I go through them just to remember the hunts of past years.

Eel

I really like the ones in New Mexico that has the units outline on them and they are waterproof.
I buy and use them for all my hunts.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I buy BLM maps for every area I hunt. It is interesting to compare some of the late 1970's and early 1980's maps to the new ones. Changes in roads, access, and ownership.

Only in Colorado because of the posting laws. Colorado LO's don't have to post private property so it becomes a little bit more important to know the boundaries of private property.

It's always an adventure!!!

I've got both Topo and the Blm state maps of Wyoming on CD's and use them all them along with my Rino GPS unit..

I'm a map nut, so yes I buy and use BLM maps.

+1 ICMDEER

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_13010.jpg[/img][/url]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom