DO THE MATH!!!

Long Time Member
Ok let's take a look at something here. Bess is about to hit the magic ten thousand mark so it is only natural for one to think about what a monumental waste of time that respresents. I decided to crunch a few numbers just for fun.

Let's say for ease of calculations that Bess makes a post in 3 minutes. Now I'm going out on a limb here I know but with his dial up puter, slow connection speed, issues with the caps lock and insistance of a triliogy of !!!'s at the end of each sentence I'm guessing a conservative average of time for each post is about 5 minutes total.

So 10.000 posts times 5 minutes each brings us to 50,000 minutes of time. 50,000 minutes divided by 60 translates minutes to hours which gives us 833.33.... but we'll call it 833 hours. Divide that by 24 to get days and you're looking at basically 34 to 35 days of non stop posting. But really, how many people could do the solid 35 days thing so let's make it real and suppose you had to log those hours at work based off a 40 hour work week and 8 hour day.

Now you're talking about 104 eight hour days spent at the office or nearly 21 weeks of work. That is some serious sweat equity you've put into this site Bess. On top of all that, you're a premier read for many when they check in here on there daily ritual.

A minimum wage worker makes what?, around six bucks an hour now, but, you could not get a editor for six bucks an hour. Take into account the differential for no benifits and that would fairly raise the rate of compensation for such work to conservatively the $12.00 an hour mark. Go back to our 833 hours of work on the time clock and the way I see it you are owed roughly $10,050 in back wages, or basically a dollar a post.

So the moral of the story seems to me that though you are often a waste of bandwith, you pay for the waste yourself one dollar at a time. Kind of expensive on your part really. It ended up costing you 10k for your silly signature line. :)

HAPPY TEN THOUSAND BESS WHENEVER IT MAY COME, AND MAY YOU HAVE TEN THOUSAND MORE HAPPY RANTS!!!

TEN THOUSAND BUCKS IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR POSTS, YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT, BUT YOU'LL LIKE IT A LOT LESS WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT DUE TO THE CONSERVATIVE TIME ESTIMATES I USED, IT ACTUALLY COST YOU A LOT MORE THAN THAT!!! :)

WELL 1911!!!

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME & MANY IS I USUALLY HAVE 8 HOURS OF WORK IN BY 2 P.M. IF NOT MORE!!!

I HAVE SPENT A LITTLE TIME HERE AT M.M. BUT DON'T RAPE MY BOSS/COMPANY DOING IT!!!

IT (MY 10,000TH POST!!!) WILL BE JUST ANOTHER POST!!!

I LIKE YOUR FIGURING THOUGH!!!

YOU GUYS CRACK ME UP!!!

That's not taking into account what he owes us for that same portion of our lives he has wasted either!

LOL - great post!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Is that why you wake up at 3Am Bess,
so you can get working before the chickens wake up ?

Nevermind don't answer that.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-26-08 AT 09:11AM (MST)[p]All excellent points 1911. But we all know (since he tells us so often) that Bess does this "work" on his own time rather than at work. So we must take that same 833 hours and multiply it times whatever a fair hourly rate would be for whatever Bess's chosen profession may be (nuclear physicist, chemical engineer, carpenter, plumber, store clerk, street vagrant?). I don't know what Bess does but in some areas even a laborer can make 18 bucks an hour plus benefits, retirement, 401 etc. I know the standard at my last employer used a figure of $35 - $40 and hour as what an employee actually costs the company.

Now you also didn't take into account the time it takes Bess to READ all the posts he responds to (no doubt a fair bit of time) plus when he does post, I know he checks back every two minutes to see if he ruffled anyone's feathers. I'd dare say you should double the 833 hour figure. At a minimum. So that is 1666 hours times a rate of $35 gives you a real value of Bess's time of over $58,000 of earnings potential and opportunity cost. Plus you should really include interest in that. Now, add in the fact that each of us reading, responding or just rolling our collective eyes at his rants spends at least half as much time as he does (some people type and read faster) you have a huge amount of earning potential that is, in effect, invested (or is it wasted) on this site. For many of us the time IS indeed "stolen" from our employers.

I think there is ample evidence to prove two points here:

First, Bess is one of the most, if not THE most, valuable assets this site and it's owner has. Now isn' that a concept to wrap your mind around?

Secondly, and most important, Bess is single-handedly doing more to drag down the economy of this country than any ten overpaid CEO's on private jets.

.........and for an "acheivement award", i'm going to send Bessy a rugged out Lion with a deer leg in it's mouth!!
LMAO ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I'm sure all your math is correct. Well done in that regard, but come on! How do you put a price tag on love???

Eel

President Obama and Congress should leave gun rights alone. It's above their pay grade.

So.......since Bess is disrupting the economy, does that mean that Dude is going to sic Obama and his loyal minions on Bessie's tail come January 21st?

So if Bessy got a wild hair and left MM and started www.bobcatbess.com would he get rich off the advertising? I bet he generates a pretty good revenue stream. I heard Kim Komando report some of the big bloggers make some pretty good money.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-28-08 AT 09:12AM (MST)[p]I am still laughing!! Now I know why the Nomad BUck is still alive. Loving every minute.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom