dnz scope mounts and tikka

DonVathome

Very Active Member
I am getting a Tikka 3tX in 300 mag

I like the concept of the DNZ scope mounts. Lets here your input? I wish they had 2 screws per ring (not one) to hold the scope.

Also will a short work for a 42mm scope? Leupold says medium but I think some guys have used short.

I use dnz mounts on all my rifles, from a 223 to 7mm Weatherby and 300 win mag. All my scopes are leupold vx3 40mm and I use the low mounts and it clears just fine. It would clear a 42mm as well. I've had such good experience with them that I don't use anything else and it's always my first choice product. I've never had a scope come loose on any of my rifles.

Thanks, I do really like the idea of one piece not only for the base but rings attached - great idea.

I am really hoping to get the low rings on - I like the scope as close to barrel as I can get to minimize drop.

I shoot a Tikka super lite in a 300WM with one piece DNZ mounts and love it. I had to go with mediums because my scope is a 50mm but I would bet that a 42 would clear with the lows.
Also, you may want to consider a muzzle brake with the 300win. My Tikka had the worst muzzle jump of any gun I've shot until I had a brake installed. Now it shoots like a dream!

Listen to UtahJimmy about the caps. I prefer them and I have a medium with a 44 MM obj and with blizzard caps there's a slight gap, maybe a strong 1/16th.

As I mentioned in another post this week I love the DNZ that I put on my Tikka T3 Lite chambered in 7mm. They are locked solid. No complaints. I went with the medium sized and they work really well. I don't plan on switching back to Leopolds.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Same here. I've got a T3 Lite in 300WSM with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 and it's a rock solid setup. Hope to be putting it on a desert bighorn in December!

Awesome tag! I ordered the small hoping it fits - mostly because Cabelas only carried small and I used my Cabelas bucks so it was "free"

Also I use a bikini scope cover - love it. Wish it was see through just in case.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom