DNA TRIAL

Long Time Member
How many of you have had a DNA analysis done? No I'm not talking for paternity suits either...just do catalogue your genetic makeup. I want to spend the Benjamin that an affiliate of ancestory dot com charges just for shits and giggles.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Good idea 1911.

Our youngest brother did it as a gift to us brothers and sisters. He's 14 years younger than me. There are 5 of us.

Our Dad always said we have some Choctaw Indian blood from his side of the family, but the result showed 98% European and 2% Asian.

I was quick to point out just because he doesn't have Native American blood doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

I haven't heard from in in a couple years.

I did it and it's been very interesting.

When you do it be prepared for the results to be surprising at least or shocking at most.

I knew I had a great grandmother that was Irish and a great grandmother and grandfather that were Dutch. I thought everyone else was English but it didn't turn out that way.

I am 57% Western Europe ( French, German, Dutch, Belgian)

17% Great Britain(English, Scottish, Welch)

15% Iberian Peninsula (Spanish, Portuguese)

7% Irish

3% Scandinavia

They also match you down to 6th cousins. For me this number gets into the thousands.

This didn't happen to me but you could get an Email from a half brother or sister that you didn't know about. So be prepared for the results, it may unlock family secrets that have been buried for decades.

The matching of cousins was accurate for the ones I recognized, some I actually know and some that I recognized names when I looked at their family trees.

A guy I work with's sister did the family thing and just figured out at the age of 44 they have different daddies. Mom had some esplainin to do!

My Brother who is 4 yrs younger than me did this a couple years ago...there was a rumor in our family that might of been some black in our family from 200 yrs ago when our ancestors lived in the south....nope....all Mostly English,some Scandinavian and 1% Neanderthal....

Getting this for my wife for her birthday next month...she's native German....sometimes I'm positive she has Turk in her...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom