DIY Wyoming Antelope Unit w/1 Point?

N

nerhunter1

Howdy Guys, planning on a hunt this fall with my dad(71 yrs. young), myself, and my two sons(6 & 9 yrs. ). We have 1 pref. pt only. Have hunted Wy last two years, once in unit 59 and last year in a leftover unit. I'd like to find a nice place to see some goats, have a shot at a 14" buck and show my young boys and east coast dwelling father a nice hunt. I'm currently looking at unit 72-73 for their 100% draw odds and plenty of HMA and WIHA lands. Any suggestions or PM's would be greatly apppreciated. Many thanks!!

Nerhunter

Those areas can get a lot of pressure from the locals out of Casper. I would look further East and try for a modest tresspass fee on private ranch land. Hopefully some of the Wyoming members can give you more dated infromation.

RELH

With one point, especially if you pay the special price, you can draw a lot of units that have ample public land. I'd rather pay the special price and draw a good public area than draw the regular and have to worry about a trespass fee, ranch rules, etc...The units you mentioned would do fine for you, but there are others as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom