DIY Antelope Hunt?

M

MtnHunter

Looking to do a DIY archery hunt for Antlope in 2010. I have no prference points nor do I have any idea where to start. I am an experienced archery hunter , thats not the issue. I'm just not sure where to go? Any suggestions or ideas? Also interested in hunting Muleys , but I got that side covered. Probably going back to NE where I hunted last year, only this time with my trusty Bowtech!

Eastern Wyoming. Tons of goats, easy to draw tags, very little archery competition. Drawing success for units like 7,26, 23, 25, etc... are 100% in the regular draw. Most of the land is private but you can get a list of landowners that allow hunting from the game and fish dept. For $0 -$200 you can get on most places. GOOD LUCK. Chip

+1 for Wyoming, only I would recommend putting in for a premium unit like the red desert with your first choice. Then look at the eastern units as a back up. If they are 100% draws, you will most likely drawn on your second choice if you don't draw a premium area with your first. The easy to draw units always have either low numbers of antelope or lots of private land to negotiate. Mostly it is private land and most of the time trespass fees are not too steep. Good luck! They are fun to hunt.

Guys , Thanks for the response. I think I'll start by calling one or two of the fish and game offices in the area. I hate to apply for a tag in a zone where I didn't already have access.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom