Dismantling the Wildlife Board

cannonball

Very Active Member
The RAC's make their recommendations to the Wildlife Board. You would think the WLB would run with most of the suggestions. That does not seem to happen. Then just to get a little help for mainly the deer the Utah Legislature had to pass legislation to ban baiting after the WLB failed to act. Now it appears special interest groups like Wade Heaton, Wade Lemmon, and Doyle Moss have been twisting arms to get rid of the deletion of game cameras which would help the larger buck to make it through the season. These cameras probably help only less than a couple percent of hunters which take probably take the vast majority of the larger animals leaving nothing left over for the next seasons. Nothing for the majority and every day hunter. This happens as our deer herds keep declining. Guess we will see, but I am afraid the Wildlife Board will sell out the the special interest groups when the meeting takes place in March. I think it is a foregone conclusion which has already taken place on the telephones and in the back rooms. With the two new members, I had high hopes for the board. I may have been premature. We will see.

This is one very old passive angry sportsmen. I can see many things I think could be done and is not! I guess the Legislature could change the makeup of what happens in the future, but they have other things on their plate. Frustration of how special interest groups seem to flourish in Utah's hunting scene is madding.

I started a thread, "the true cost of conservation"

It has the pdf for all the auction tags in Utah.

Figure the vast majority of those will be bought by dudes who will then hire a outfitter.

The corporate groups are so tied into the WB, without blowing up the entire thing, it's never going to happen.

Honestly. If the WB goes against the cam ban on the 10th, it's time to call for it's eradication.

I'm betting they hold strong. Could you imagine the egg on their face if they switched votes.
Like Grizz pointed out.

It should be unanimous against. Votes to the contrary show those voters don't take WB seriously, and prefer the legislature

Email the WB and show up at the meeting to Boyce your opinion. You can get DM and WL are rallying their troops.

Hawkeye

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom