Dirt bags in Delta

ridgetops

Very Active Member
I ran into the McDonald's in Delta Utah the other day at 5pm to use their restroom and get a drink and this is what happened while I was inside. No more taillights!!!! Freaking unbelievable !!! FYI, I blacked out my plates for the picture.
PXL_20241005_012009086~3.jpg

It's a long story but in short, I was able to hook up to my wife's horse trailer which was being parked in cedar and was able to continue on my trip to St George to get furniture from my recently deceased mother's apartment and then return back home to northern Utah legally and safely using the trailer taillights to get by without having them on my truck.

Dirt bags in Delta? Did you checked your tail lights before you went into McDonalds. Hell Ridge, I am not doubting you but I could go a month without noticing my tail lights were gone.
They definitely were on the truck four hours before when I was loading the back of the truck with stuff for my trip south. I guess they could have magically just fell off the truck between grantsville and delta. Maybe they fell off at the railroad crossing near Vernon. Have you ever crossed those tracks going 65 mph? Holy ****!! A guy might loss his shocks or ty rods but taillights? I don't think so.

Some Of The Newer Tail Lights Are LED & They Know What They Want For One Or Two!

You Don't Just Change A Bulb!

You Bend Over & Take The 400.00+ EACH!

Hopefully They Didn't Cut Your Wiring Ridge?

Always Gotta Be Some LOW-LIFE BASTARDS Around!

And BIDEN & KAMALA Has Added To The Scene!

Tell me where I can get one for 400 dollars. That’s cheap. Some jack wad backed into my wife’s truck at the grocery store and busted the tail light and drove away of course, (at least that’s the story she’s telling me). I priced them and how bout 980 bucks for one (good hell) they said it’s because of the back up sensor that makes it so high priced. Well a 4 dollar tube of silicone and a stinky finger and it looks good as new.

I had no idea stealing taillights was even a thing! JSMN
Feel your frustration.
I think anything not welded on is fair game for these azzholes.
Gas station cameras are useless. Had a guy steal a fuel card from one of the ranch trucks. Was on camera at 2 different stations in a utility truck with large tank in back. $1200 per use. Police are really not interested cause there is no logo on the truck and cannot ID driver due to poor quality video.

Last edited:
We can now watch this country degenerate in real time.

I bet in 40 years the gas stations in delta Utah, and alot of other places, will be unrecognizable third world hell holes.

But thanks for the heads up about that place. Good to know

Some Of The Newer Tail Lights Are LED & They Know What They Want For One Or Two!

You Don't Just Change A Bulb!

You Bend Over & Take The 400.00+ EACH!

Hopefully They Didn't Cut Your Wiring Ridge?

Always Gotta Be Some LOW-LIFE BASTARDS Around!

And BIDEN & KAMALA Has Added To The Scene!
AlumiDuty are closer to 3x as much.

First time I've heard of this but it's not surprising considering what some of the new ones cost. I didn't think your model had the sensors , so new ones are $50 a piece they must be hard up.

Most of the time you have to open the tailgate to get them off, good reason to make sure it's locked I guess.

The only cure for this is a rope and a tree.

Honest to god- just how stupid is this? They can't possibly get $10 from a fence for used taillights. What the hell?

And to Togwotee's point- some places it might just get you shot (or hung) for messing with a dude's truck.

The IQ of someone doing that cannot reach double digits.

Honest to god- just how stupid is this? They can't possibly get $10 from a fence for used taillights. What the hell?

And to Togwotee's point- some places it might just get you shot (or hung) for messing with a dude's truck.

The IQ of someone doing that cannot reach double digits.
Lets see then, $10 x 2 = $20.

Five/10 minutes to, see the truck, get to it, remove two tail lights, and be gone.

That not a bad nights work, if you figure 3 or 4 hits per hour.

I guess some doper could be stupid enough to do it but it’s hard for me to image doing it in a McDonald parking lot, when people are constantly coming and going all day and night, when there are vehicles parked in far more secluded places on every street and parking lot in town.

Stranger things have happened I guess, sorry it happened Ridge. I hope the S0B gets a horrific case of shingles, in his eyes, ears and throat. He’s earned worse than hanging.

Yes, the tailgate needs to be down to remove the screws holding the light casing but I don’t believe the 2000’s dodges lock automatically with the doors, just with a key?

A true tailgate story. When I bought my new Tacoma in 2003, they handed me a bunch of keys and sent me on my way. One key I had no idea what it was for. I just put it away and never thought about it. About 2 months ago I was washing the truck and noticed a place for a key in the tailgate. What???? Then I remembered the key I put away 21 years ago. I got it and it went in okay but wouldn't turn. I oiled everything up and the key worked!

Now I have a locking tailgate. Cool. I guess. 🤷‍♂️

First it was catalytic converters that was the big stolen item off of vehicles that sold for a good price. Now with the new tail lights and even some headlights components going for high prices, there will be some doper theft out there that will steal them and sell them for a small percentage of what they are worth.

There will be wrecking yards willing to buy them for chump change and resell at a high price.
RELH

A true tailgate story. When I bought my new Tacoma in 2003, they handed me a bunch of keys and sent me on my way. One key I had no idea what it was for. I just put it away and never thought about it. About 2 months ago I was washing the truck and noticed a place for a key in the tailgate. What???? Then I remembered the key I put away 21 years ago. I got it and it went in okay but wouldn't turn. I oiled everything up and the key worked!

Now I have a locking tailgate. Cool. I guess. 🤷‍♂️
Many years ago I parked my 1983 F250, with a cornbinder diesel, and woke up to tracks in the snow leading to the back of my truck . My tailgate was missing. During Christmas break, I went to my hometown Ford dealer to get an estimate for an XLT tailgate. It was about 690$.

The dealer offered to sell me a new bed, with tailgate and painted to match, for about the same price. It was from a much newer truck and the body lines didn't match...but..the new one didn't have a bullet hole either.

Yes, the tailgate needs to be down to remove the screws holding the light casing but I don’t believe the 2000’s dodges lock automatically with the doors, just with a key?
My truck is a 2008 and it has a separate lock and key for the tailgate. When I bought the truck a couple years ago, it didn't come with a key for the tailgate. I looked into getting a key made but it was more than I wanted to spend. I might have to rethink that.

They definitely were on the truck four hours before when I was loading the back of the truck with stuff for my trip south. I guess they could have magically just fell off the truck between grantsville and delta. Maybe they fell off at the railroad crossing near Vernon. Have you ever crossed those tracks going 65 mph? Holy ****!! A guy might loss his shocks or ty rods but taillights? I don't think so.
I lost my fresh water tank on a camp trailer going across those a few years back 🤣

Tailgate theft was all the rage back in the day before they put locks on them. Took all of 15 seconds to pop one off. I lost 2
I had no idea tailgate theft was a thing.

I came out of the building supply store and caught a guy stealing a rope from the bed of my truck once. He gladly put it back and apologized profusely.

Can't tell you how many times I've left a parking lot just after pulling in. I try and do a dirtbag check when I get out. It's the wild wild west out there!

I came out of the building supply store and caught a guy stealing a rope from the bed of my truck once. He gladly put it back and apologized profusely.

I left my garage open by accident. Woke up hearing a noise below my bedroom which us above the garage. The motion light was on. They took a Dewalt 1/2" Impact Driver. They knocked off a can of screws or they probably would have taken all my Dewalt tools.

Hey Horsecorn!

Did you Notice The + Sign I Put After The 400.00?:D

Tell me where I can get one for 400 dollars. That’s cheap. Some jack wad backed into my wife’s truck at the grocery store and busted the tail light and drove away of course, (at least that’s the story she’s telling me). I priced them and how bout 980 bucks for one (good hell) they said it’s because of the back up sensor that makes it so high priced. Well a 4 dollar tube of silicone and a stinky finger and it looks good as new.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom