Dinosaur/Rangely goats

D

DougW

Hey guys anyone been out in unit 10 looking at bucks lately.... used to be a great unit but quality seemed to decrease over the last few years. I'm hoping the snow this year put a hold on the drought, but at the same time didn't kill a lot of mature bucks.

Doug

My brother lives in that area and he has been seeing some really nice bucks. They made it through the winter fine.

Yes. I grew up back in WV and went to the University. I moved west about 3 1/2 years ago. I thought I might be able to pull an archery antelope tag for this area this year but I didn't draw. A lot of the country is great for stalking.

uh-oh...I'm a Hokie, came out west after finishing in '83. I won't hold it against you :)....those Mountaineers have been kickin' some butt on the gridiron for a few years now.

Hunted 10 for deer in the mid-90s but spent most of my time on the north end. I should be able to get out to scout 2 or 3 times in the next few months-

good luck

Hey tradarcher thx for the help....by the looks of the weather maps looks like that area's been hit hard by rains recently too, that after a tough winter. At least there'll be lots of food for the goats, anyways.

I honestly think the goats made it through the winter just fine. I went up and did some shed hunting with my brother in 10 in April. Found a few winter killed deer, including a big muley, higher up on the hills. Found no no dead lopes down low.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom