Dillon area living

REDDOG

Long Time Member
I lost a good job a few months ago, and finally got a referal to work for the BLM out of Dillon.

I dont have the job, but was just wondering about the area, good place to live? I have been thru their, and had no problem finding a bar! but it was dark when i got there and dark when i left, so i never really seen anything, just curious.

grew up north of there. I absolutely love that area. Amazing hunting, small town america, the people are so great. I worked all over that area out of Butte. My wife went to college there along with my good friends.

We had some great times hunting, fishin, and partying in and around that town. I do miss it.

I've hunted near there twice. I loved it!

We stayed on a ranch between Dillon & Twin Bridges. It is a sportsmans paradise. There is trout fishing, ringnecks, elk, pronghorn, whitetials, muleys, a little bit of everything nearby.

I'd try to land that job if I were you.

REDDOG, The Dillion area can't be beat for for the hunting and fishing opportunities. Seems to still be laid back and casual out there for now. A small town, but larger ones are close. I live about a 2 hour drive away. We'd almost be neighbors. Let me know if it works out, we'll do some shooting. mtmuley

Can't argue with anything said so far. Amazing scenery, great flyfishing, and good hunting for everything Montana has to offer. Big enough to have everything you need, but small enough to not feel congested. Also not much for neighboring towns, so there's tons of wide open public land that outside of general season, you'll have to yourself.

Thanks for the reply's. sounds like my kind of town.

mtmuley, i really hope it all works out, i'll keep you postd.

One of the last best places left!Had a great time hunting
in the aera back in "95" &"98". As a guest of the late Pat Flanagan and his family.I will not forget the opening day in
"98". We hiked in early in one of the drainages of the blacktails
and I saw a cross-section of game that is still hard to believe.
I saw 8 Elk,6 Mule deer,25 Pronghorns,grouse,chuckers,coyotes,and a few whitetail deer all
before 1:00PM!Never have I had such a day and without firing a shot!

I thank you again Pat. Wayne and I miss you and your family.
We speak of you often.Your sence of humor (a bit dry) always
caught me off-balance and kept me entertained.

I hope you get the job!
Best of Luck to you!

REDDOG,
I have hunted south of there on both side of HWY 15 between Lima and Clark Canyon Dam, great country and game at times depending on the weather.
Hope some day to go back again
Brian

244s9dx.jpg

REDDOG,

I work for the BLM out of Dillon and I have two words for you...........YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Don't make any plans.

Ok, I don't work for the BLM, in fact I can't spell BLM but Dillon is a great area if you like to hunt and fish. Lots of private and public land. Some areas are loved to death but it's a big place. Dillon itself can be a little depressing in the winter time though. Housing is somewhat affordable too, especially for a rich government employee. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom