Digital Cable vs. Satelite TV

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
Ok, so know that you guys helped me decide on what TV I am going to buy, I need some more help.

I have been looking into going to Digital Cable instead of Dish Network. It looks like it is about the same price as Dish with the HD channels and the DVR system. I am wondering if the quality will be the same.

I am thinking about changing to get the "MTN" channel which is what all the BYU and Utah Football games are on and Dish does not carry this channel.

CentraCom is the cable carrier here in Sevier County. Does anyone else have it? Is the quality as good as Dish? Should I change or stick with Dish Network?

49b818bc57855596.jpg

Hey I would not go with the digital cable, I hve friends that have it and sometimes if there are to many people watching the same channel in the naborhood it pixleates and blacks out.

If you are wanting the MTN channel go with Direct TV thats what I have, I like it better than Dish as well.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

I get a great HD picture with Directv. Also it is the only service that I can get the NFL package with, and that is a must for me!

Fish

Its not too late we are leaving tomorrow for kona. Blue Marlin are biting and its only an air flight away. Somebody there must need heavy truck parts.

Ransom

I've had them all, and cable is for sure the best all around package. We keep getting on the promo deals even after 4-5 years of service. Only pay around $100 a month for TV, pretty much all the channels and HD with 2 HD DVR's and 8mb internet.

Having switched from Dish Net to Direct, I can say that there are more selection choices on Direct. Hunting and fishing shows are more available on Direct. NFL and MLB. My wife really gets involved in baseball and Dish Network didn't offer the MLB package as an example. The mood around here changes when she can't watch the Angels.

If you get cable, make sure you get the DVR with the 30 second skip feature. Mine doesn't have it and it's a pain.

I have a Pace box .. POS

I have regular cable through Centracom. The hardest part was not having a guide to see what was on for the day. I have less channels, but not near the junk I had on dish. I've got two hunting channels and The MTN which is the reason I switched. Thats all I need. I pay less than half what I did with dish.

It doesnt matter if there is 1 person or a million watching the same channel, the number of people watching doesnt effect the signal at all, if your friends are having problems with the picture breaking up it caused by something else. If you go with a dish dont forget to buy a ladder and broom to go with it,everytime is snows you will be out there sweeping it off

I have had all 3 -

Worked for DirectTV for a few years so I am biased a little but I liked them the best.

Dish didn't have the channels I wanted and didn't like the receiver they gave me.

Have AT&T UVerse - heck of a package deal, but lots of pixelization still, have had the tech out twice, there is still a prob in the build out around here, but overall not too bad and I like it better than Dish and haven't lost any service during rain storms like with Sat. Though I never ever had that in Utah. Once, when snow was covering the dish, but sprayed it with Pam and never again. Rain storms here in TX though always brought a loss of service.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

What ever, must just be a chity service then. but all I can say is I will never get digital cable, and we rarely have a problem with snow on the dish, only when we have had ALOT of snow at one time, and ours is low enough we can just grab the broom and wipe it off, never thought of useing pam, I will have to try that Roy, Thanks.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom