digiscoping

R

roger

Below is a picture of a ram that I took this weekend through a new digiscope set up. Big thanks to Doug and the guys at Cameraland for helping me get set up.

44d401e05c6b9738.jpg

Yes, my digital camera connects to the viewing end of the spotting scope. My set up is a Olympus 350SP 8mp and a 20-60 x 80 Swarovski HD spotting scope.

44d40682696ed65f.jpg

I have an Olympus Stylus 410 that I would love to hook up to my Swarovski 80mm spotting scope. Is there a way to do it by purchasing a generic digiscope mount?

did you use one of swarovskis mounting systems or did you just hold the camera up to the spotting scope.

I used the Swarovski DCA, which slides over the eyepiece. Once you are ready to take a picture you camera easily fits into the DCA. The DCB is the swingarm type adaptor. Do NOT try the DCB, it is far too bulky and really moves the camera when you are ready to take a picture.

Your camera needs to have a threaded lense and then you will also need to find the necessary step down rings. Doug at Cameraland was a huge help for me. His ads and contact numbers are on this site. I would highly recommend contacting him because there are a few modifications to make all the pieces fit together.

Roger

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom