Digiscoping with my new scope

S

shed_head

I just bought a Meopta S2 spotting scope and took it out looking for animals. I was able to make a homemade camera adapter out of a PVC connection.
So far I am super impressed with spotting scopes clarity. Most the pictures were taken at max zoom around 1500-2000+ yards.
Enjoy!

85461-26-13.jpg

4856dscf4154.jpg

8927dscf4158.jpg

5527dscf4163.jpg

9441dscf4164.jpg

5681dscf4168.jpg

8426dscf4171.jpg

4896dscf4178.jpg

I'm with neversatisfied,

Let's see the adapter!

Those are some pretty good pics through a scope. Well done

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Great start! I was wondering what camera you are shooting with as well......really good pics.

Another ++ for the details on setup. I just picked up a Swaro 65 that I would like to get some pictures with.

Those are unreal if taken at those distances and especially with something you rigged up yourself! I'm very impressed!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-13 AT 01:01PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-13 AT 12:58?PM (MST)

Here are some pictures of the adapter, cost me 0.89 cents. Its just a PVC connection with some felt on the inside to make the fit some snug. I found a connection that fits over the spotting scope eye piece snug, and then added some felt to the camera side to allow a snug fit as well. My camera is just a simple fujifilm 10.0 mega-pixel camera. I want to upgrade to something a little better soon.
2167dscf4210.jpg

258dscf4213.jpg

The camera adapter attaches to the largest zoom ring on the camera
189cimg2940.jpg

6968cimg2941.jpg

Show us how the camera attaches to the fitting. Looks simple enough but I am having a hard time seeing how the camera would attach. Thanks

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-13 AT 01:10PM (MST)[p]O_S_O_K---He stated he put felt on the the inside and it fits snug just by pushing the lens piece into the PVC inner part with that felt. The actual zoom would still go in and out for various shot distances since the adapter moves with the lens if I read his discreption correctly. It's the same way the bigger part of the PVC slides onto the scope and is firm with felt on it too. That's cool the way a cheap piece of PVC happened to be the correct circumferences to fit both the scope and the camera with that little bit of felt.

Thanks for the updated pics Shed Head. Pretty slick, CHEAP set-up!

TOPGUN - I kinda thought that must be how it was working but just good to see it in action :)

Sorry for any confusion on how the adapter fits. I'm headed out again this weekend, so hopefully I will have more pictures later on.

I like it. I need to go to the homestore and check sizes.

Question: When your camera automatically shuts off after being on so long; will the camera fall to ground when the lense re-tracks? Or if too snugg possibly break the gears when the lense can't retract back into the camera?

The camera fits so snug that the lens can't retract, so it wont fall. I've had it shut off a few times and the screen flashes "zoom error" and stops trying to retract. Lately I've only been using the camera when I'm set up and ready to take pictures and once I'm done I take it off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom