Digiscoping w scopecam question

GOutes

Hey guys,
I just received my scope cam adapter from tines up and realized my new Sony camcorder that I just bought has no threads on it. Kind of shocked, thought they all had threads.
I have a few days to return it and get a new camcorder, but I am assuming you HAVE to have those threads correct? Any recommends on a HD camcorder that this adapter will fit on under $600?

You know that your camcorder already has a zoom lens, right? If that doesn't work, you could always get a little closer, then try again. Long range photos & video almost always look terrible.

The thingy you're talking about is for taking photos with a camera that doesn't zoom up much - like your phone camera.

>You know that your camcorder already
>has a zoom lens, right?
> If that doesn't work,
>you could always get a
>little closer, then try again.
> Long range photos &
>video almost always look terrible.
>
>
>The thingy you're talking about is
>for taking photos with a
>camera that doesn't zoom up
>much - like your phone
>camera.

That's not even close to what I'm asking

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-12 AT 02:06PM (MST)[p]I'm not sure I understand what threads you are talking about. Are you talking about the tripod threads at the botton of cammeras? If so I do not think that they are used for the adapter. From what I understand you have to have a bracket attached or glued to the front of the camera and then the adapter hooks to that bracket.
See post #2 of this thread

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID52/54.html

It's a sony compact.

Tines up has two set-ups they sale. One for a point and shoot camera (this one the ring is epoxied onto the camera which screws into the adapter) and the other is what GOutes is inquiring about. The video camera is suppose to screw onto the adapter itself. He's saying his camera does not have any threads to do this.

GOcougs!!! ;)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-12 AT 05:40PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-12 AT 05:39?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-12 AT 02:39?PM (MST)

>Any
>recommends on a HD camcorder
>that this adapter will fit
>on under $600?

I'm not familiar with the (#####lol) unit but I just bought a Pentax Optio WG2 point and shoot for underwater but has a threaded lens, with an adapter it fits my Swaro DCA setup. It is replacing my '08 Sony Handycam. It shoots HD and I have a 32gig card which is plenty of space for what I need. It is a fraction of the weight on the spotter and my pack! Plus it's only around $250.

GOutes!!! :)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-12 AT 05:41PM (MST)[p]I just bought a Sony camcorder 6 months ago and it is threaded and the tines up adapter works great. The model is HDR-CX160. Just shot this video with it this weekend from a mile and a half away through my Swarovski 20-60 X 65 spotter set at 20 power. Anything less than 700 yards away it zooms in WAY to much and the regular camera is better. I carry both.

I went and returned my camera and got one with threads. Now it fits. I noticed at the local best buy, most cameras dont have the threads. Something to keep an eye on for those of u digiscoping with scope cam adapter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom