Digiscoping options for Swaro Spotter

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
I would like to use my 9 mo old Swaro 65mm HD spotter to take some pics while scouting this year, but I'm not sure which route to take. Right now I have the spotter and 2 digital camera's; Olympus Stylus 750 and a Canon Powershot S1IS. Logically it seems that the flip-down bracket made by Swaro would be best as it would allow me to glass then engage the camera as needed, though I think you might have less technical problems with one of the adapters that repaces the eyepiece. Convenience vs. accuracy seems to be the logical trade-off, but I have no real life experience other that trying to hold a camera up to the eyepiece and take the pic and that hasn't been horribly sucessful.

Questions:

1. Any real life experiences with the various options.

2. Any recommendations on camera's that work best or if mine will work how best to use them. P.S. I literally point and shoot and I have limited knowledge

Don't worry I'm not looking for photo contest quality photo's, but I'd like to catalogue some of the animals I see.

Brian

I use a Swaro ATS 80HD with the DCA adapter with a canon A570is. I bought the adapter for the camara for $25 and the whole set up seems to work pretty good. I know I need to practic alot and take alot of pics and hope I get some good ones!!! I have heard that the adapter for swaro that flips up may be difficult to align in the same position every time. I dont know if this is true. The DCA is not a hassle at all. It just takes a couple of seconds to slide it over. Very slick system IMO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom