Difference in the Swarovski Bino Line

R

rackman

Hey Guys,

I am looking at getting a pair of Swarovski SLC 10 x 50 binos. What are the differences between the SLC and the EL? Is there enough of a difference to even worry about? Please let me know what your thoughts are guys. Thanks in advance for the input.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-10 AT 09:08PM (MST)[p]I have never looked through the slc's, but I have a pair of the 10x42 EL's and they are sweet! Can't go wrong either way.

....didn't know they made a 10x40.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

El's are lighter and supposedly have a little better optics. If you are spending that kinda cash you can't go wrong either way.

Slick

I handled and spent a little time looking through both. Nothing wrong with either. The ELs were more comfortable and the field of view and clarity seemed better. Handle both and see which is the one for you.

Just got the 10x50's. Love them. I had the 10x42's, loved them as well. I've used the EL's. I just can't justify the price difference between the two.
Traditional only >>>------->

The El's are considerably lighter. I own both SLC's and EL's. The SLC have been relegated to my wife and kids. (Poor them!) I use the EL's now almost exclusively. They are better, but both are quite good.
Bill

Thanks guys for the help. I am leaning towards the SLC model, just because of the price point. I hope I am not making a mistake, but figure I can't go wrong with Swarovski no matter what it is.

I just bought a pair of EL 10x42 I have had slc in my hands before but havent hunted with them. The lighter weight els are much more to my liking because of the lighter weight and slightly clearer optics. When I back pack hunt every ounce counts!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom