Diesel power scam

B_F_E

Long Time Member
Friend told me that starting this year that all the new trucks that are being manufacture have a sensor to recognize & quit working if red fuel/farm diesel is put in them, true story ?

If so why would they agree to do this ?

Beefy!!!

THE BRAND NEW BELCHERS OF 2008 ARE SMOGGER DIESELS!!!

REBURNERS & ALL KINDS OD ELECTRONIC BULL$HIT ON THE EXHAUST SYSTEMS!!!

DON'T KNOW IF THERES A SENSOR LIKE YOU'RE TALKING OR NOT???

BUT I DO KNOW IF YOU RUN THAT RED FUEL IN SOME OF THE NEWER TRUCKS YOU WILL BE TAKING HER INTO THE DEALER TO GET HER RUNNING RIGHT AGAIN!!!

THERES 4,000.00+ WORTH OF EXHAUST SYSTEM ON THESE NEW BELCHERS!!!

UNTIL SOMEBODY PERFECTS SOME AFTERMARKET EXHAUST SYSTEMS TO WORK ALONG WITH A GOOD CHIP YOU BETTER STAY WITH A PRE 2006 BELCHER!!!

YOU THINKING ABOUT CONTRIBUTING TO GLOBAL WARMING OR WTF???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I think ALL trucks should have some kind of sensor in them that shuts them down as soon as they smell ANY of that stinky souped up kerosene!!;-)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I can't say for sure but I really doubt it, red diesel is the the same low sulpher fuel as red diesel. the only way it could detect it is by color and a sensor eye to read color is expensive, besides it's not the manufacturers problem to collect fuel tax.

You all know what Amsoil is right? A bottle of the 2stroke premix in a tank of red or clear diesel turns it a nice purty blue... or so I hear anyway ;)

-DallanC

>You all know what Amsoil is
>right? A bottle of the
>2stroke premix in a tank
>of red or clear diesel
>turns it a nice purty
>blue... or so I hear
>anyway ;)
>
>
>-DallanC

I have heard that 2 stroke oil as an additive is awesome. I heard that you need to stay away from synthetics though, do you know any more about that?

DL

dan-henderson_wanderlei-silva.gif

>I have heard that 2 stroke
>oil as an additive is
>awesome. I heard that
>you need to stay away
>from synthetics though, do you
>know any more about that?

I know some interesting things yes. In the above context, do you mean using synth oils in a auto engine, or 2stroke? I hear great things generally in 4stroke engines, horrible things about *most* synth oils in 2 strokes.

If interested I can point you to a really interesting message thread by a very well known polaris snowmobile engine shop that specializes in engine rebuilds, specifically cranks. He is about to void his 3 year warrentys if the engine is run with synth oil due to the sheer number of issues he sees (this guy rebuilds hundreds of cranks per year). His cranks are fully warrentied with use of nitrous, turbos... racing, you name it. But run synth oil and you are on your own.

I've had great luck with semi-synths, was about to switch over to fully synths until I read that thread.

-DallanC

I don't see how they could have some sort of sensor that does this and why they would want to. To my knowledge the red diesel is just injected with some sort of dye that they put in it so they can test if needed. I bet there are some guys out there that have diesel trucks that never touch a paved road (just work trucks) and they are perfectly legal in running dyed diesel. But leave it to the government to try something like this.

if you buy a used vehicle or dont start using synthetic in it the first time it can ruin the gaskets and start leaking or so i am told i dont dare put it in my truck cause i dont feel like it leaking oil got enough things that leak around here

Excavation and farm equipment that cost 100 thousands of dollars run on red fuel all day. It's dyed red to ID it as not haveing any road tax on it. The last time I was checked for red fuel I was told the fine was like $2000 plus $10 per gallon of what the fuel tank would hold. As far as synthetic oil makeing gaskets leak I have heard that but we have gone from syn. oil in trans. and rears to mineral oil and never had a problem with gaskets.

Full synth is thinner than regular oil, so if tolerances are not as tight, you can get leakage with synth that you arent getting with a thicker petroleum base.

-DallanC

Never heard of a chip like that, but I did find this on MT.gov

MDT Cracks Down on Dyed Fuel Misuse

What is Dyed Diesel?

Dyed diesel fuel is fuel that has not been taxed and is intended for off-road use only. When you fill your vehicle with undyed fuel at the pump, state and federal taxes are included in the cost. These taxes are used to help fund construction and maintenance of Montana's public roads.

Dyed diesel fuel is regular diesel fuel that has red dye added to it. This is done to identify the fuel as non-taxed and to help enforcement officials easily identify it. Dyed diesel is for off-road use only- examples include farm equipment and home heating.

If you fill your tank with dyed diesel and drive on Montana's public roads, you're breaking the law.

What are the consequences for using dyed diesel on the public roads? Using untaxed fuel (dyed diesel) in a licensed vehicle violates Montana?s law and reduces the money available to build and maintain Montana state highways.

The penalties for using dyed fuel on public roads in Montana are:

1st offense
up to $1,000.00 - Civil Penalty

2nd offense
up to $5,000.00 - Civil Penalty

3rd and subsequent offense
Criminal Penalty - minimum fine $535.00 - maximum $1,000.00 or by imprisonment for not less than 30 days or more than 6 months, or both.

Montana law requires the use of "dyed diesel decals" on retail pumps containing dyed diesel fuel, and this law is enforced.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom