diesel additive

tylercreek2

Very Active Member
schaffers (spelling) diesel additive, anyone use this stuff? does it work? do you like it? good? bad?

Diesel Treat 2000? is a multi-functional, ashlpecially formulated for use with all types of ess, all season fuel additive that is sdiesel fuel. It contains a highly concentrated multi-functional additive package including SynShield?, a proprietary lubricant that surpasses industry standards for fuel lubricity and emissions.

Product Benefits
? Up to 5% Mileage Improvement
? Up to 5% Horsepower Improvement
? Up to 4 Points Cetane Improvement
? Up to 47% Emission Reduction
? Cleans Injectors
? Inhibits Corrosion
? Controls Moisture

I'VE USED ALL DIFFERENT KINDS!!!

PROBLEM IS,THE GOOD DIESELS(PRE-SMOGGERS!!!)ARE NOT DESIGNED TO RUN ON THIS NEW LOW SULFUR BULLSSHIT FUEL!!!

WHICH KIND IS BEST I REALLY DON'T KNOW???

MAYBE WE ARE BUYING DIESEL IN A FUEL TREATMENT BOTTLE???

CAN'T FEEL/SEE ANY DIFFERENCE WHEN I DO RUN IT???

BUT THE PRE-SMOGGER DIESELS DO NEED MORE LUBRICATION!!!

SOMTIMES TO GET IN ON A PISSCUTTER IT TAKES SOME STEALTH!!!
I THANK MY FRIEND Feleno FOR THE STEALTH CAMO!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

don't waste your money on any of them....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I have a PRE-SMOGGER as bess puts it. i dump in the cheapest oil i can find in every tank, about 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart.(I run Hows in the winter)

it may be ATF, 10-30, 15-40, whatever i can get a case of the cheapest. screw the low smoggers!

AIN'T THAT EXHAUST TIP ON CUPSY'S TRUCK A CUTE LITTLE BASTAGE???

((( }> }> }> }> }> !!! )))

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I add 1oz per gallon of the cheap non detergant 2cycle oil that you can buy at walmart. 34 gallon tank and 32 oz bottle works out about right. Believe it or not I can hear the engine running smoother, especially when towing.

Whatever you do, DO NOT run ATF fluid. If you ever get stopped by a highway patrol officer he may dip your tank and the red atf fluid looks the same as dyed off road diesel. Bad news if you get caught with that in your tank.

I run the same as infinitecircles. Two stroke oil is MADE to burn, other oils and ATF are not. If you use other diesel additives check the ingredients. Most contain high levels of solvents to clean the injectors and reduce gelling. Those solvents further reduce the lubricating qualities of the low sulphur diesel.
Wes

Good stuff, I use stanidyne not sure if that is spelled right. The dodge mechanic recommended that for the the injector pump. I run it at least once a month keeps your pump lubricated. I don't have problems with the exhaust system clogging up but I pull a 28 ft horse trailer 75% of the time so it gets ran hard. Use schaffers it is good stuff.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-09 AT 09:43PM (MST)[p]so ATF isnt made to lube?wonder how those trannys keep spinning .

the lube is for the injectors, not the motor

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-09
>AT 09:43?PM (MST)

>
>so ATF isnt made to lube?wonder
>how those trannys keep spinning
>.
>
>the lube is for the injectors,
>not the motor

Pretty close. The lube is mostly for the injectors and injector pump. Price an injector pump lately. Those who say run nothning will be replacing those spendy items sooner rather than later with the sulfer out of todays fuel. ATF is ok, but I wouldn't do it, it also has some real heavy duty detergents in it that are not good for the injector pumps.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-07-09 AT 08:32PM (MST)[p]I have a 2005 Cummins. Do they need some oil with the fuel they sell today? Just cheap motor oil as was mentioned above? I qt to a 38 gallon tank? You guys have me worried now! Is my 2005 okay the way it is? Help me out REDDOG!

I think the problem with ATF is the color. You dont want anything red in your gas tank unless it says John Deere or CAT on the side.

HEY ktc!!!

YOUR 05 AIN'T O.K. ON THIS NEW JUNK FUEL!!!

THE NON-SMOGGERS NEED SOME LUBRICATION ADDED IN!!!

CHEAP MOTOR OIL AIN'T THE ANSWER!!!

WHATS BEST I DON'T KNOW???

I HAVE RUN QUITE A BIT OF STANIDYNE!!!

RATHER THIS HIGH DOLLAR STUFF IS WORTH A DAMN I DON'T KNOW???

YOU COULD TRADE YOUR 05 IN ON A NEW SMOGGER VERSION THAT PLUGS THE PARTICULATE FILTER OFF THAT THEY DON'T HAVE PERFECTED YET!!!

JUST KIDDIN,KEEP THE 05 & HOPE THIS NEW OBAMA FUEL DOESN'T BURN SOMETHING UP ON IT!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

I use a qt of marine 2 cycle in every tank in the 02 cummins fore lube can tell a big diff on pumps non stock and fass 150 system.

KTC, I threw ATF on the list, as i run it a few times a year on purpose, because of the detergents, they clean the injectors.

I was told by a big rig mechanic to run any oil, just find what is cheap at sams club and buy it by the case. he said he runs alot of 15-40, cause he gets it cheap. 2 cycle oil is probly the best, since it is for mixing in the first place.

i also have a 38 gallon tank, if i re fuel it close to emtey, i will dump a quart of what ever i have in. no exact science to it, just till you think its good! just dont go overbord with it.

I run howes in the winter for obvious resons, dont want to make the fuel into syrup!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom