Did you draw a Colorado tag? (Poll)

Did you draw a Colorado tag?

• Total voters

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Did any of you get lucky and catch the tag you were hoping for? Just a point for me. I'm now wishing I would have applied for the deer hunt.

Points for wife, 3 sons and myself for deer, elk and antelope.

Put one son in with 17 points and thought he had a really good chance, but notta.

O well have numerous hunts to look forward to in next several years between us all. Have general muzzy deer and elk in Utah and wife drew her moose in Utah after 29 years. Should be a good fall.

Put wife in with max points in wyoming today after found out no 3rd season Colorado that would have been a conflict. Maybe get lucky and thinking about putting me and one son in for Wyoming antelope for a fun early fall hunt.

Drew unit 55, 4th season, deer, w/ 23 points.

In 1996, I took a 176” bighorn from Pikes Peak, and in 1999, a 185” mule deer from the plains near Limon. This will be my first Colorado hunt in twenty-five years.

Does the Gunnison basin get cold in late November?:unsure:

HT

My 13 and 15-year-old girls drew 3rd rifle cow tags for 076, and I just put in for points this year. We have four cow tags between the 3 of us, and I am expecting to draw an archery elk tag in California. However, I won't hold my breath. The girls have a really good chance at some apprentice hunts as well. Need more time and Money.

In 1996, I took a 176” bighorn from Pikes Peak, and in 1999, a 185” mule deer from the plains near Limon. This will be my first Colorado hunt in twenty-five years.

HT

It was below zero a few mornings in 3rd season 2 years ago. I had a 66 tag.

My wife drew a 551 4th tag so if you're staying in town we might run into you at the Miner's.

4th season deer tag for me. My wife is quickly getting into No-Mans land in Colorado. Maybe next year 🤷

HT
Honestly the couple years it hasn’t…

My 16 yr old got a 2nd season tag with 3 points. Might get his first deer if we find a big enough mature one? Score doesn't really matter just wanting a mature buck for him. Rather go home with nothing than shoot a dink, maybe that's why he is 0-3 deer hunting in Oregon 🤔😁

Nothing for us, thought one of my sons might get a cow tag but no luck. Had some deer apps in, that seemed to have crept a little, no surprise.
It’s good though, two Wyoming elk tags probably meant CO tags were going back anyways.

I got the three deer tags we applied for, and a 2nd choice bull tag. With a little bit of luck in the secondary/ reissue I'll pick up the boys another elk tag or two. Definitely blessed.

My son and I drew NR 1st rifle season elk unit 49 with 18 points. we have hunted lower elevations for many years, but will be our 1st time hunting high country. also got another PP for deer.

Picked up a 201 3rd rifle buck tag! Thankful to get back down to 0 pts and hunt these late dates one last time!
Anybody with experience in this unit and is willing to share some thoughts, shoot me a pm.

Unit 553rd Buck- super excited for first time in that area
Unit 55 3rd cow for my wife - her first hunt
Son drew a great antelope tag

I drew unit 49 second rifle elk. I wasn't interested in an archery hunt and got tired of being in no man's land, so I used 14 NR points. It drew out at 8 NR points. While I would love to shoot a nice 6x6, I look at this hunt as a good harvest success opportunity hunt. Surely in 9 days I can turn up some kind of antlered bull. Then the fun starts with a solo pack out.

After years of chasing point creep for unit 49 1st rifle elk, I threw in the towel and drew out 66 1st rifle instead. I had more points than needed by far, but glad to go check out some new country and chase some bulls!

My oldest son drew 49 second rifle. We’re very excited to have the opportunity to hunt elk together this fall. We will hunt hard and hopefully find a good bull. If anyone has pics of 49 hunts we would love to see some. Feel free to pm me. Happy Hunting

My 13 and 15-year-old girls drew 3rd rifle cow tags for 076, and I just put in for points this year. We have four cow tags between the 3 of us, and I am expecting to draw an archery elk tag in California. However, I won't hold my breath. The girls have a really good chance at some apprentice hunts as well. Need more time and Money.
I can sympathize with you. Son and
daughter both drew cow elk tags; daughter drew Utah elk and New Mexico deer. Spending more time staring at a calendar before submitting AZ apps than I care to.....but not complaining. They will only be with me for a short amount of time

HT
Very cold in late November! 🥶❄️❄️🥶🥶🥶
Jerry Gold 🇺🇸😁🍀

Bear tag and struck out on the rest. Point creep, Over population or just plain BS. All three really.
They call it progress I guess?
Note to self : Granted I drew MZ antelope last year , lots of great stalks , last one was in tight , super stalk and I missed.
And passed on my doe tag, (mostly checking for big bucks) , Deercy gave me the guilt trip , made me feel bad & never pulled the trigger but was sure fun getting out . Righteous winter weather.

However.

My son drew all three so he is going for the tri fecta.
Elk camp 2024 is on like donkey Kong! Time to get the panyards bloody.

Best of luck to everyone and have fun scouting, sharing and rippin on each other.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom