Diamond Creek zone access

ToddT

Can I access most trailheads with a two wheel drive? Plan to go in late September. Thanks for any help.

Are you speaking about "Diamond Creek" inside unit 28 just northwest of Salmon?
If so, no 4x4 required for that area. I have hunted it for 6 years and have taken elk, deer and bear. Napoleon ridge trail is one of my favorites. Comet creek drainage is another. It can be crowded with lots of hunters from Washington state though. Had a knothead from Washington 3 years ago shoot right over my son and I at a forked horn buck my son was about to shoot. He claimed he never saw us. We were in the sage (hard to miss) between him and the buck. As luck would have it, I got my son on a 28" 5x5 the next day and the 5x5 is hanging on the wall instead of the forked horn. Good luck!
Paul
"Nice Rack" Taxidermy

Thanks for the advice, however, I was referring to units 66a and 76 - known as the Diamond Creek zone in the southeast.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-09 AT 11:31PM (MST)[p]probly be ok in september. but you will be taking a risk if any rain falls. forget about it if there is any snow.I would have a set of chains either way if 2wd is your only option.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom