Diamond Creek tag

Liv4elk

I'm fairly new to this, but I thought I would give this a try. I'm one of the many that didn't purchase an elk tag this year for the Diamond Creek zone. It's been a rough, depressing week for me now as I have hunted that zone for years. If anyone who purchased one of those tags is not going to be using it for whatever reason....please let me know and FG can transfer the tag. Thanks everyone and good luck this year!

You can transfer your tag to a child or grandchild under the age of 18, but that is all I've ever heard.

"General season tags cannot be transferred to a family member. IDFG does have a rule that allows any resident adult person who possesses a controlled hunt tag to designate his or her tag to his or her resident minor child or grandchild who is qualified to participate in the hunt. Nonresident adults who possess a controlled hunt tag may designate his or her tag to his or her nonresident minor child or grandchild who is qualified to participate in the hunt. These rules can be found at http://adminrules.idaho.gov/rules/current/13/0108.pdf section 260.
Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question."

Pet Door Sales and Installation
www.idpetdoor.com

Bummer isn't it. I really hope they put that tag in the draw system in the future. The race to get a tag kinda sucks.

That's a bummer. Did you get on the wait list (not the wait list for controlled hunts)? A couple years ago when I didn't get one on time, they asked if I would like to be on the wait list for when people turned them back in for whatever reason. I guess it happens if they asked.

I know the chance is incredibly slim but there is always the 2nd draw.

Assuming your a resident, next year 450+ additional tags should be available so hopefully it won't happen to you again.

Liv4elk,

Did you get anyone to transfer a tag over to you? I made a call this morning about the medical refund procedure and the transfer policy. Unfortunately, I might have to turn mine in or exchange it for a general season tag due to a hand injury requiring surgery this Friday. Going to wait as long as possible to decide.

As a quick reference for others,
1) F&G will send you a form titled "Request for Quota Tag Designation". Basically, an individual may transfer the quota tag to anyone BUT they must exchange theirs for a general season tag. That's the big catch with transferring.

2) A refund for medical reasons is easy by sending in the actual tag, a description of the injury and a supporting document. The more supporting documentation provided you send the better.

Still waiting. Just wondering if any residents have changed their hunting plans and are going to hunt in another area. Pm me! Thanks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom