Devil's Garden Pronghorn

eelgrass

Long Time Member
ducksbucksandbulls took this great 15 1/4" buck this year in the Likely Tables Unit. I like the way the horns curl forward. Any California Pronghorn tag is a pretty special hunt.

Congratulations ducksbucksandbulls!

7341howdyantelope.jpg

5705howdyantelope2.jpg

A friend of mine was up there in devils garde last week with a co worker helping him out,I guess he missed a 15 inch buck opening day ended up with a 13 inch lope.He said it was slim pickens in the garden for lopes but they didnt was to fight the crowds at the tables,You done good DBB

I never saw so many people hunting the garden. The hunters we talked with said the biologist said there were bigger Goats there than likely table. And the table was crowded. The oppisite was true there this year I think.
We went to the table sunday afternoon to look for arrow heads and saw lots of antelope.And just 3 rigs. Lots of bucks to choose from. I'm sure all did well.
DBB

I am leaving wendsday I drew lassen 2nd season, I cant wait to eat antelope steak again.

6X7-

too bad I didn't run into your buddy up there in the Garden. I had archery deer tag, saw to dandy goats, both you hit with a rock! under 100 yds each time I saw them. The one goat several times like clockwork. Every person I ran into I tried to give those to bucks away, never found a goat hunter.

I had 4 friends that drew this year. They all 4 started scouting they day they learned that they drew. They only saw 2 book goats between all of their scouting. A couple hit it on both their days off and a couple of evenings a week for 2 months. The archery tag holder took one 77+". The 3 rifle hunters all took 15+ inch goats. All very respectible but not they invisioned when they drew the tag.

I'm talking Lassen, Period 1.

Pretty antelope, congrats!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-11 AT 01:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-11 AT 01:11?PM (MST)

Califelkslayer was that Clear Lake or Likely Tables?

Nice buck...I love the forward hooks!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom