Desktop vs. Laptop puter

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Before you guys get too excited here, i'm talking computers.

My 12 year old Dell desktop went kaput again and instead of spending even more money on it's repair, i bought a new Dell Inspiron 16+" laptop unit. Seems pretty nice!

What are you guys using, one, the other, or both?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I use both, for personal use and business. But if the pc died I would go with the laptop from there on out. A laptop will do anything a pc will do, there cheap enough you can pick one up every few yrs and take the right off.

Thanks guys! I was amazed at how reasonable the laptops had become. I also have way more goodies available... if i can figure how to use them, more memory, and it's way faster.

How about windows 7? seems harder to get around on.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I have a Acer Aspire 17" LT. I love being able to move around and not be tied down to a single location. Great putter for the money and it stays out of the shop unlike the Dell I had..

The Buddy that helped me get set up, i'm np puter guy, thinks Apple is the way to go but he said that they are pricy...?

Joey

Joey, I run a laptop. Nothing beats sitting on the couch with your feet up surfing monstermuleys and watching the hunting channel in the background :)

I use both. I run dual monitors on my work PC which is really nice! That's pretty hard to do on a laptop. But I love having the freedom of a laptop too.

Laptop is hard to beat especially if you set up a wireless network in your home.

I run a desktop, laptop, mini laptop and most of the time any more I'm on my smartphone as I am right now.

Laptops are pretty sweet now days, at work we use laptops but have a docking station. Once the laptop is connected it looks like a desktop with 2 24" monitors, full size keyboard, mouse, speakers etc. I am really thinking that the next laptop I buy for my home will have a docking station as well as I don't really like typing on the laptop keyboard for reports or if there are a lot of numbers involved, gotta have a 10 key.

I like the laptop, im sitting here watching the packers and giants go at it while I type this. cant beat that!

Joey:

I run a lot of different CAD programs for my business. They require significant amounts of memory, Ram, upgraded video cards etc.... Usually, you will spend less for more, on a PC, to fulfill these requirements.

Having said this, I will deal with a slightly "less performing" laptop. They are just more convenient, for obvious reasons. I have owned laptops and PC's and in the future, I will most likely stick with laptops. You made the right choice, I am sure..

Just don't ask me what brand lol... They are all built in Indonesian sweat shops :)

Thanks guys! all great stuff.

One friend has a i-phone that he says is more powerful than my laptop. Says it has everything and more...a phone he tells me!

i've been a no cell phone for me hold-out.

Joey

Droid2 mostly but the batteries suck hella in smart phones so then I go to the laptop or desktop...so all of the above!!

Joey, did you see that Derrick Rose and Boozer are going to LA for X-mas?? :D

~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom