Deseret deer cwmu ?

J

justhunt1

Can anyone comment on the Deseret CWMU for deer. Wondering what type of a hunt this is and how they treat you, do they let you hunt where you want to and is there any good deer coming out of this place anymore? Appreciate any info on this or any other CWMU's that you would reccommend, maybe even the Ensigns CWMU.

THANKS

Do a search in the search section under Mule Deer and under Utah. This has been covered pretty well recently and I believe there's even some harvest pics from this year.

I drew the tag in 2011. I had done some guiding up there in years past and love the country. It's got great genetics and with age on those deer, it grows some nice bucks.

Tom Land runs Deseret these days, and he was very good to me. I explained my goals and he was very good to work with. I ended up taking a 184" buck.

2011 was the last year they let you camp and hunt on your own. I believe they guide all state hunters now, and I think that is great. You would need to call them up and just discuss the way they operate it, as it may have changed in the last year or two. I may have heard they allow you to hunt on your own again but I don't know for sure.

Very neat piece of mule deer country. I like the hunt, but I didn't see gobs of nice deer either. It was really tough and it is still in a bit of a rebuilding mode.

Best of luck.

You are treated well and they guide you like their hunters. They are taking some great buck out there the past few years. My boys have had antlerless tags and they have treated them real well on the guided cow elk option and then the antlerless antelope is on your own. One of the CWMU deer guys this year did real well on his hunt and was very pleased. Call or email them with your questions.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom