dermestid beetles

runamuk

Very Active Member
dermestid beetles

I had a Javelina skull done with beetles, and was charged 165.00
seems kind of high to me,guess i should of asked how much before i had it done..
I have always done my own in the past and it looks like i will be doing all my in the future.
Anybody care to post how much they have paid to get skulls done with Beetles??

RE: dermestid beetles

Wow, sounds like a rip-off from what I am used to paying.

For lopes and deer that I am not putting on the wall, I just give him my cape and he does the skull for free. If I don't feel like hauling the cape out it is $80 or $90 for to just get the skull back.

If it is done right and looks great, you got what you paid for. I would expect to pay that for a quality skull. It really depends on where you are at and how many guys got beetles/euro operations. And how much work he had to do to prep your skull. And if the taxi sees you coming and you have no choice. I've paid $250 for an elk, but I needed it in 3 days. If it looks great I would be prefectly happy paying that much. Just my .02.

HK

Hazmat, that is true. But it takes several hundred to clean anything. So you might have to turn over alot of dead animals.
Elkhuntr

I only charge $100 for a jav. I have about a million beetles and I also guarentee no grease and you will be happy with it. I figure I can charge a little price and do a good job, people will come back, security, My prices are cheaper than anyones that i have seen, so even with shipping they would still be good prices

Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Thanks folks for the replys.. I thought it was kind'a high guess that will teach me not to get lazy and just do my own..
I have had great luck with the bleaching kit from Van Dykes..

The beetle guys around me are high as well. (price wise, not actually high) I dont understand that...bring your prices down a bit and I will bring my skulls to you instead of doing it myself. I am sure a lot of guys feel the same way, for those prices boil them yourselves.

Had a friend that went to taxy school. They had a shed with beatles and he said it smelled to high heaven. Is that the case? If a guy wanted to do the beetle thing I assume he would need a separate shed to keep them in? You need to 'feed them' year round...right?

Thanks...

I paid 150 for beetle cleaned, 3 bleach treatments, and sealer. I would gladly pay that again.

>The beetle guys around me are
>high as well. (price
>wise, not actually high)
>I dont understand that...bring your
>prices down a bit and
>I will bring my skulls
>to you instead of doing
>it myself. I am
>sure a lot of guys
>feel the same way, for
>those prices boil them yourselves.
>
>
>Had a friend that went to
>taxy school. They had
>a shed with beatles and
>he said it smelled to
>high heaven. Is that
>the case? If a
>guy wanted to do the
>beetle thing I assume he
>would need a separate shed
>to keep them in?
>You need to 'feed them'
>year round...right?
>
>Thanks...

You gotta keep them warm too...Old chest freezers is what most people use...Just have to put some kind of heat to them in the winter..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I have a friend that has some beetles. He started out with about 200 earlier this year and now has thousands. They make quick work of a skull. They do smell like high heaven and he keeps them in his basement so they smell up his whole house... Nasty! Anyway, he just feeds them a hotdog or two when he doesn't have a skull in them to keep them fed. The thing I like is the beetles do most of the work and you get a nice skull when all things are said and done.

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff

I charge less than most around utah, like $50 for a deer, $75 for a elk, all cleaned with beetles.

And yes they do stink, I have over a million and they eat all the time, they can finish a pound of hamburger in about 3 hours

Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Will the beatles eat "old meat", say from a skull that has been lying around for a couple of years. Or do they only eat "fresh" meat?

they will eat it, just have to hydrate it for a few days, I have one in that my neighbor shot 3 years ago and they are cleaning it up just fine

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom