Depradation vouchers

S

stumpjumper

A friend of mine has a ranch in Utah and he told me today that he had received 5 depradation vouchers and asked me if I was interested in one. Hell Yes. This is for elk and that's all I know. He's never received vouchers before and we don't know much about them. We need experienced help.
As a side. I have a nonres. license and drew a limited entry tag this year that I ended up eating some tag soup on. Does this have any influence on if I can partake on a voucher?
He's going to do some checking, but in the meantime I thought I'd try and pick the brains of my Monster Muley coharts on this deal.
Don't know bull or cow or weapons as yet. Depends on area or what?
Thanks Ray

You related to Ben or Mark?

Don't get too excited,I'll bet the Vouchers are for Cows?

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Hope to find out more tomorrow. Don't know if all the vouchers are allocated yet. He just said he has at least one.

Most vouchers are just for antlerless animals. They are valid only on the property of the landowner who was issued the vouchers. You still have to pay the tag fee to the DWR and get your actual tag at one of the 5 regions or at the Salt Lake office. You also have to follow all the game laws (i.e. you have to wear orange, can't shoot from a truck, can't shoot after dark, etc.). You can have 2 elk tags a year in UT, but only 1 bull tag.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Hey DAX!

You're sure takin the Fun out of his Hunt Quick!:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Thanks daxter for your input and you too elkassassin? I think?
Like I said, no meat in the freezer.
But it doesn't make sense to me that if a landowner receives a dp voucher in compensation for damages why would the DWR still require the tag fee, which in my case, $218 dollars, be collected. Where is the cost to them for damages if you still have to pay the tag fee?
I believe in Nevada if a landowner receives any depradation tags, or vouchers, he can sell these for whatever he can get for them and that voucher is the tag.
The landowner, looking at R657-44-1, can either take the vouchers or file a claim for compensation for damages.
I'm still on that load of pumkins but I'd like to understand this.

Hurts the wallet a little to be a non-resident paying for that cow elk tag. They do sometimes give the landowners a couple free permits, but the the free permits can only be used by immediate family or full time employees. The landowners can also get transferable vouchers that they can sell to make money to offset damages. The permits and vouchers help remove offending animals and the pressure often keeps others animals off the property too, at least for a little while. For whatever reason they do require the folks that gets the vouchers from the landowner to buy a state issued tag. Good luck to you if you go.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

Thanks for the insight Daxter. I might qualify for immediate family and I spend time up there for harvesting some Rocky Mnt. oysters each year so maybe I can qualify for a good meat tag. Will call the DWR again Monday to find out for sure.

So 218 for a nr tag, gas, food, accommendations. = 400 for some freezer meat? I go in for micro surgery on the left shoulder the 10 of next month, so putting everything into prospective I might have to go with this anyway and get ready for next years draw for archery cow here in NV. I also get to put in for bulls after my waiting period. Should draw this with no points right?

Well!

I still hear people saying: "I need the Meat"!

Stuff sure can be Costly!

You should never ever add up what Huntin Costs!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

"You should never ever add up what Huntin Costs!"

+1000

If my wife did she would never let me back out of the driveway to even begin hunting. No one can argue the amount of meat that comes from a nice elk but anymore the "I hunt for meat" argument is nonsense. You can buy meat much cheaper.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom