DELTA AIRLINES QUESTION???

B

bobcatbess

I KNOW SOME OF YOU GUYS KNOW THESE ANSWERS???

I'VE KNOW A GUY THAT MIGHT BE FLYING ON DELTA TO ALASKA TO DO A LITTLE FISHIN!!!

CAN HE FILL HIS SUIT CASE WITH FISH ON THE WAY HOME & HOW MUCH CAN THE SUITCASE WEIGH???

LOOKS LIKE EXTRA BAGS CAN ONLY WEIGH 50 POUNDS EACH???

LOOKS LIKE THE FIRST EXTRA BAG IS 15.00 AND THE SECOND EXTRA BAG IS 25.00???

LOOKS LIKE A THIRD BAG MIGHT GET REAL SPENDY???

JUST LOOKING FOR INFO & WONDERING WHY THEY HAMMER A GUY SO MUCH FOR A THIRD 50 POUND BAG???

ANY INFO MUCH APPRECIATED & THANKS A BUNCH!!!

ALSO WONDERING IF YOU THINK THEY'D GET NERVOUS IF THE OLE cat ASKED THE CAPTAIN IF HE COULD SIT IN THE DRIVERS SEAT FOR A WHILE???

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I dont know about the luggage but I'm sitting here trying to imagine the ol cat in the cockpit....lol

A 747 with dual 12" chrome stacks belching black smoke at 30,000'.....

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I got absolutely drilled last year coming back from Canada with 2 bears and extra luggage.

I would take a backpack as a carry on with as much gear as I needed in it. Then I would pack the rest of my stuff in a large cooler and use it as my luggage. Pack the fish in the cooler, donate the old clothes in it to someone, or pack 'em in the backpack.

Take your clothes in the cooler and when coming home mail them home and fill the coolers with fish. Works great and postage with no special restriction is not bad at all.

I guess my question would be, why would you keep the fish in the first place?

Forget bringing them home and hit Albertsons' for some real food with all the money (and hassle) you saved.

Or Red Lobster for a good seafood dinner with the wife.

You are right Cat. The carry-on is less weight and size than the luggage. But it is $15 for the first check-in bag and $25 for the second 50# limit. And anything over 62" (LxWxH) is $175.

LAST EDITED ON May-28-09 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]Option #1

Pack the fish in dry ice & ship UPS. Why do your lil fishies need to sit on the plane with you?

Option #2

Call your good bud RUS and have him drive to Alaska & pick your fish up. Only cost you Beer - Gas - Food... in that order.

On second thought you might need to pay for movie tickets when I take Sarah Palin on the date I promised her.

RUS

Yep, UPS or FedEx is going to work MUCH better than hassling with the airlines. And it will likely be cheaper also. If you can find a place to freeze and pack the fish up there, then mail it with some dry ice a day or two before you leave. It'll be on your porch fresh and cold when you get home from the airport.

Bessy,
Tell your buddy to fill up an Ice Chest with the fish and go to Anchorage Airport and pay for the chest to fly south on the RED BALL EXPRESS to which town or city he lives. No hassle and have someone pick it up at Airport when it arrives.
I sent 82 pounds of Salmon back like this in 1983 and my nephew picked it up at SFO and brought it to my house.

Brian

I bring back 2 50 lb boxes of fish each year along with one check in bag. Costs me about $150 bucks to get it home. But you cant go to the store and buy it any cheaper. Its a hell of a lot better eatin!! Fill the boxes with halibut. You are gonna gain a bunch of friends when you get home with the halibut!!! Tell them moochin SOB's to go get their own fish or fork out some cash!!

>CAN HE FILL HIS SUIT CASE WITH FISH ON THE WAY HOME & HOW MUCH CAN THE SUITCASE WEIGH???

OMFG!!! I can't believe you asked that Bess!!! Maybe he (you) can tell his (your) wife that fishy smell is all the salmon he (you) caught in Alaska!!! But some of us (me) ain't buying it.

Just stay away from Charlie's in Soldotna and you wont have to worry about a fish smell. If you do--better put some salmon in the suitcase as a cover scent--haha.

No fish in suitcase..
leave the ice chest at home, and buy a couple of insulated box's at cars or wally world they are lighter and you can get about 10 more pounds of fish in them than a cooler, and still keep it under 50#..
Don't tape them up until they get checked..
if you are flying out of Anchorage i will get you a # to an outfit that will freeze, vac seal, and deliver to the airport a couple hours before you fly out,, cheeper than most will just vac seal..
Where you going?? I will be there for the month of june,,
been doing it for the last 18 summers.. hit me up maybe i can give you a few tips..
and be sure to have plenty of dough for the Bush company..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom