Deet + Swarovskis = BAD NEWS

dryflyelk

I learned that the hard way the other day.

I took the 10x42 swarovisions out for an evening of scouting, and the skeeters were thick. I got out the heavy duty 100% deet from REI and was careful not to get any on my binos. Well...fast forward to a few days later when I went to grab my pack to head out again. The bottle of deet had leaked all over the pack.

You know that feeling you get when you get kicked in the cojones? That's how it felt. I had 2 pair of swaros in there, my 10x42s and my 15s. The case of the 10s was saturated. I pulled them out, and the rubber case was literally melting off of the binos. It was the consistency of gum. I run them under the water and washed what I could off- but the damage was done.

The rubber coating had bubbled up and away from the frame of the binos. Rubber peeled off in my hand. That deet is mean stuff! It makes you wonder what it does to your skin.

I had hoped that swaro would help me out, but I wasn't sure to what extent.

I gave them a call the other day to tell them the sad tale, and I laid it out there. I called Doug from Cameraland first to ask him what to do- he told me just to call swaro. Let me just say I came away a happy, happy man. There is a reason why swarovski is on top of the heap for hunters like us. They flat out take care of us.

Huge props to both cameraland and swarovski for helping me out again when I messed up. I am a very satisfied customer, and I will be a repeat customer of both companies.

My pack got away from me and rolled 40 yards down a mountain and bent the sunshield on my swaro spotting scope and also loosened up the eyepiece foundation. I just sent them in and they should get to Swarovski on August 2nd. I'm really hoping they will help me out like they did you. Either way I'll let yopu guys know how they treat me. Congrats to you dryflyelk for getting your bino's fixed up. fatrooster.

I wouldn't fret one second about Swarovski not taking care of you. Their customer service dept. is second to none and making customers for life is top priority for them.

Good to hear as I get ready to part with a the money for my first pair of swaro's.

Let's just say I came away very happy. Cost was nothing to get them fixed. I'm not sure how your case may go, or how future cases will go, but this one was perfect.

Excellent work, cameraland and swarovski.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom